Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which chargers for 18 volt NICAD and LION slide on batteries?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which chargers for 18 volt NICAD and LION slide on batteries?

Have Ridgid tools using 18 volt batteries. Have both 2.5AH NICAD and LION slide on batteries.
    Which chargers are compatible with these 18 volt batteries?

Re: Which chargers for 18 volt NICAD and LION slide on batteries?

Ni-cad batteries can be charged on any charger
    Lithium-ion is a different story..Be sure the charger says
    multi-chemistry or Li-Io on the front decal.

The old dual bay charger must not be used with lithium-ion batteries

Cactus Man

Comment

Didn't Ridgid say it was safe to use the nicad chargers because there was protection built into the lithiums? Personally I would stick with the newer multi-chemistry or Li-io on the front decal as Cactus Man advised.

Comment

Just posted this elsewhere on this forum, then read this thread. I had problems with the dual-charger ..., and believe Cactus Man is right on.
        From prior post:
        Bigger Shock: Under the lifetime warranty, rigid replaced both of my old style batteries for the new Lithium ones at no charge. I was very happy with that originally, but then had problems charging them with my old style dual-battery charger also under the lifetime warranty. So I brought in the Dual-Charger, and the representative informs me that they don't make that dual charger any more, so they offered the single lithium charger (roughly half it's value) and 1/2 it's capacity (only handles one battery) in replacement. I called Ridgid and emailed them that I did not think this fair. They are not replacing the dual charger with a like or similar product. They claim cause it is an "upgrade" to lithium that it is fair. My point is I didn't ask for Lithium batteries or need them (granted that they are "better"), now it appears this has caused the charger problems. Is it so unreasonable to replace a dual-charger with two single chargers???

Comment

Working...
        X