X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Cells

Well, I did send in my registration, with my promo, back in 2004, and I remember Ridgid being new to the market. I went with Ridgid as the Home Depot people recommended them due to the lifetime battery replacement. I know they in fact did get it, as I got the promo tools. Unfortunately, the CSA said I did it wrong, as they needed to go to separate addresses (gosh darn it, they should have sent the warranty request back so I could resubmit it to the right address). They said I am not in their system at all, nor are any of my tools. Yet they did send me the promo items, so something should have been in their system at least.

So, does anyone know what size cells are inside of the 18V MAXHC 1.9AH packs? Any idea as to the specs of the cells? Any recommendations on where to get good NiCaD cells? I can spot weld them myself.

Re: Replacement Cells

I have bought some from this company, All-Battery.com: Total Power Solution for Every Battery Need

jsut a guess here but I would think there sub "C", take it apart and see what they are, All-Battery.com - Rechargeable batteries & Chargers - Ni-CD Batteries

do a google search for nicad batteries and I am sure you will come up with a number of places,

my experience is that unless your just replacing one or two cells the cost of a new battery is usually the way to go, an 18 volt pack is 15 cells if my math is working to day, All-Battery.com: 15 Tenergy SubC 2200mAh NiCd Rechargeable Battery for Power Tools (w/ Tabs) apparently to day they have a sale, but there regular price is $45 for 15, take a quick look at this company and there prices, Sub C Size Nimh Rechargeable Batteries

and on that battery at "All battery" I do not know if it is good or not for quality or brand,

and there are a few companies that rebuild the units as well,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there seems to be allot of people who tried to jump through there hoops and have been lost in the system, sorry to hear of your experiences, it should be a warranty regardless if you send in ever box top or not, if you have a receipt or proof of owner ship it should be honored, or exchanged,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Considering your situation..the fastest and easiest solution for you
      is to go to E-bay and search Ridgid 18v batteries...

You'll find a myriad of batteries from the original 18v 1.9ah Ni-cad up to the
      newest X-4 lithium ion 18v 3ah battery! You won't be able to beat the prices offered!

The idea of rebuilding the 1.9ah Ni-cad battery in my opinion is not cost effective.
      Check the price for replacement cells and labor compared to buying new!

If your Ni-cad batteries are indeed 2004 vintage..8 years of service is a long time
      for Ni-cad batteries and it's time to simply replace them!

I had some 2005 vintage Ni-cad batteries and they too were no longer usable. I opted to
      replace them with the X-4 18v 3ah Lithium-Ion batteries instead of using the LSA replacement.
      The new batteries are half the weight, last longer and charge faster!

Cactus Man

Comment

Spot welding can damage the cells. This type of welder is too hot for the cells. They also have to be put in the right series or else you can short out all the cells. I recommend letting the experts do this. Voltmanbatteries.com can rebuild your 18 volt with nicad cells for $50.00 each or can even put in NIMH cells for $85.00 each. The NIMH cells will give you longer run time of 60%. If you are still interested in cells only they sell both NICAD and NIMH cells too. Most cell only orders are shipped same day and order is placed.

Comment

Spot welding can damage the cells. This type of welder is too hot for the cells. They also have to be put in the right series or else you can short out all the cells. I recommend letting the experts do this. Voltmanbatteries.com can rebuild your 18 volt with nicad cells for $50.00 each or can even put in NIMH cells for $85.00 each. The NIMH cells will give you longer run time of 60%. If you are still interested in cells only they sell both NICAD and NIMH cells too. Most cell only orders are shipped same day and order is placed.

Don't throw away old tools they can be rebuilt, no matter how old they are.

Comment

Working...
          X