Milwaukee Self feed bits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Self feed bits

Anyone on here tried the latest self feed bits from Milwaukee (the ones with the replaceable blades). I recently got one and the blade was destroyed after drilling 5 holes through framing. A couple of them were through OSB too so I'm not sure if that was the cause.

It came with a replacement blade so I was able to use that on the last hole but the life was not what I was expecting.

Curious if anyone else had good or bad experiences with these.

Re: Milwaukee Self feed bits

I have them same kinda of resolts not 5 holes but they do chip easily i find them very handy i bought the plumbers set about a year ago i like them but kinda keep them as a bacj up i use the milwaukee hole hawg hole saws with carbide tip there FANTASTIC they use a spade bit for a pikit bit so the plug literlly falls out of the hole saw i highly recxomend them over the selffeeds.

Comment

me too. i swithched over the hss/ high speed steel 1 tooth and 3 tooth hole saws.

at a trade show i drilled a 4 5/8'' through a 2x6 with only 1 hand on the drill. try that with a self feed bit.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I have an older self feed bit which has cut several holes without issues although when I looked at it today I saw a chip in one place. I have the Milwaukee D handle drill with right angle attachment which works well so i was expecting their bits to also be good so was a bit disappointed.....

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          me too. i swithched over the hss/ high speed steel 1 tooth and 3 tooth hole saws.

at a trade show i drilled a 4 5/8'' through a 2x6 with only 1 hand on the drill. try that with a self feed bit.

rick.
          That's easy! They usually just skip around after starting it...
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
            Maybe that's a potential Ridgid roundup contest for the future? I do recall that the drill capacities are much higher for hole saws for obvious reasons. The only possible issue maybe hitting the end of the hole saw before reaching the end of the cut. I guess these hole saws are sized to drill through framing anyway.

Comment

they will drill through a double 2x or a single 4x. after that, just remove the plug and keep on drilling.

much less cleanup and much less torque required on the drill and operator.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i have about 20 old style milwaukee self feeders and there great the replacement system seemed like a great idea but its quite expensiv and frusterating when you dont have the blade size you need. there still in my truck and i use the inch and three eightths quite a bit but the milwaukee hole saws are must for wood construction you litterlly can hold on to the superhawg with almost one hand there easy to resharpen and they outlast traditional hole saws ten fold. i bought two of the milwaukee sets cause they really are that good.

Comment

I will be needing some bits for cutting a drain hole so I will look at the hole saws mentioned. Of course you cannot get self feed bits in that size plus it is for cutting plywood which is much thinner.

Comment

Working...
                  X