X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual for R4331

I'm researching a planer purchase and the r4331 is on the short list with the Dewalt 734. I like to study the manual for the stuff I'm looking at but I can't find one for the r4331. I've found one for the r4330 on both the Ridgid site and Home Depot's.

Any help?

GCG
    I was always afraid of dying. Always. It was my fear that made me learn everything I could about my airplane and my emergency equipment, and kept me flying respectful of my machine and always alert in the cockpit.
    Chuck Yeager

Re: Manual for R4331

I see some interest but no responses. Guess I'm not the only one. I put in a request with Ridgid customer service (both E-mail and call-in). Still waiting. I'll post here if I get it.

BTW I've got a PDF manual for the R4510 Table Saw (manual is not on the Ridgid site) I found on another forum. If anyone needs it give a shout.

GCG
    I was always afraid of dying. Always. It was my fear that made me learn everything I could about my airplane and my emergency equipment, and kept me flying respectful of my machine and always alert in the cockpit.
    Chuck Yeager

Comment

This model is marketed strictly to HD.
      Go to their web site, look up the planer.
      Scroll down past the specs. and reviews and find "More info"
      Click on manual for pdf.

Comment

While waiting to have my original response approved, I'll just tell you that the manual on the HD site is for the R4330.

GCG
        Chuck Yeager

Comment

Interesting...
          They sure don't look the same. Maybe there's no significant difference.
          The specs are similar, but not identical.
          Was trying to find a price on the 4330 for comparison, but no online retailers seem to carry it
          and HD seems to be the only place that carries the 4331.
          What puzzles me is why it's not on Ridgid's site.

Comment

Oh, there's one major significant difference.

"Sure-Cut(tm) Carriage Lock - Locks cutterhead to help minimize snipe at the end of the workpiece"

Which to me is huge. And the top mounted depth adjustment handle gets kudos from several online reviews I've read.

I looked around, too, and I couldn't find either anywhere else but HD except for refurb outlets.

As far as the site is concerned it's pretty clear they don't consider it very important because the 4510 table saw doesn't have a manual listed on its page and I know it exists ... I have a copy. I like Ridgid, solid stuff, good bang for the buck, but they need to step up a little on the web. Too many folks use it now for sooo much. They're gonna miss the boat and that would be a shame.

GCG
            Chuck Yeager

Comment

Got it.

60358cada42f32a3060938a6bb15de2d.zip

Had to cry on HD's shoulder to get it. I was told the change request is in to get it on THEIR site.

GCG
              Chuck Yeager

Comment

Great help! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X