X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milwaukee electromagnetic drill

this is a beast of a drill. weighs in around 90# with its massive 11.5 amp 2 speed gear box and magnetic base. the great thing is the ability to tap and instant reversing without stopping. the 2 speed gear box then also has a variable speed controller from 0 rpm - 750 rpm. the magnetic base will hold over 1600# pressure at the drill point using a 3/4'' chuck or #3 taper.

use it today to do precision drilling and tapping on 1.5'' square tubing using 3/8'' x 24 tpi grade 5 bolts. not much of a challenge for the monster drill.

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: milwaukee electromagnetic drill

Hey Rick in that first photo were you drilling on the ceiliing or is the photo 180 deg out?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Re: milwaukee electromagnetic drill

both photos, drilling and tapping are horizontal position. fortunately the magnetic base has an adjustable shoe. it allows for about 1'' of movement once magnetized. otherwise it would be next to impossible to align a hole in the horizontal position with the weight of the drill and base.

i have another pretty basic non magnetic setup for drilling pipe. it chains to a pipe, very similar to a ridgid chain vise and uses a 1/2'' h.d. drill motor. i use to use this for the job i just did, but not tapping and no where as precision.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X