Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify and repair this old Milwaukee drill?

This was my dad's drill, about 25 years old. The cord is shot and it quit working on me the other day. Opened it up and found a blue wire loose on the switch. (see photo of wires, left). upon placing the blue wire into its socket the drill works. no idea how to secure this wire or to also release the line wires and to identify the model drill and the cord that it needs. the ID plate is completely worn. Help?
    Attached Files

Re: Help Identify and repair this old Milwaukee drill?

If it's a 3/8, it looks like an old 0222-1.
    Minor changes were made over the years so you may need the serial no. to order parts.
    Looks like part of it is visible on the name plate.

Comment

it is 3/8, sorry for the ommision. The model you suggest leads me to diagrams which appear to be this drill. All I really need now is to figure out how to secure the blue wire and remove the old cord from the switch. thanks

Comment

The wires are secured to the switch by pinch clips.
        Insert a thin blade into the slot below the wire hole while pulling on the wire and they should release.
        If the blue wire broke, there still could be a piece of it left in the switch.
        Considering its age, a new switch might be a good idea.

Comment

thanks, if it comes to a new switch it might be time to retire the old girl. there is some wear in the bearings of the gear box and who knows how much longer the brushes will go
          Last edited by Jthetoolmantaylor; 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jthetoolmantaylor View Post
            thanks, if it comes to a new switch it might be time to retire the old girl.
            Maybe but then again maybe not. Those older Milwaukee drills were beasts and it took a whole lot of usage to wear one out. My 1975 vintage 0234-1 hole shooter is still going as strong today as it was the day I bought it way back then. If the motor is still in good working order I would definitely get it fixed.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X