X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424-1 fence needed.

Hey there. Got gifted a TS2424-1 in good shape, but missing the rip fence. Thought it was no big deal until I discover that a replacement is $388. More than the table is worth. I read about the delta t2 as an option. Any other ideas? Anyone got an old fence lying around in their garage? Are the craftsman fences (made by Emerson) compatible?

Cheers.
    Ian
    Last edited by Idwalsh; 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM.

Re: TS2424-1 fence needed.

The old Alignarip XR2412 and XR2424 should fit, but they tend to go for as much as the T2. For < $160 shipped, the T2 is a heck of a buy IMHO.

Comment

the c-man fences from emerson built TSs are not compatible with the OEM rails on the 2424. the 2424 OEM rails could be replaced by a rail and fence system from an older emerson built c-man, but those fences only provided 24" rip to the right of the blade with no left side capability at all. and they weren't the most accurate fence system. i have a t-2 on an emerson emectric built 10" CI c-man (same saw as the 2424) and it works beautifully:

best price i've seen new this side of CL is here:

Delta 36-T30 30" T2 Fence System
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I have an extra TS3650 fence. Don;t know if it'll work for you though.

Comment

Originally posted by tsbarton View Post
          I have an extra TS3650 fence. Don;t know if it'll work for you though.
          No reason why it shouldn't as long as you replace the rails also.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

+1. the OEM 2424 front rail and the OEM 3650 front rail are shaped differently and the fences are not interchageable.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
            X