X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adjust the built in mobile base on my R4512 table saw

I have had the saw for 3 weeks and really enjoy using it - quite a step up from my previous one. I have a garage area for all my wood working equipment so I am frequently moving my saw, scroll saw, planer, router table, etc around. The foot pedal lifts the saw with no issue but will not lock in place. I have to keep my foot on the pedal and move the saw at the same time. This doesn't seem right. I have tightened all the bolts assosciated with the mobile base but it does not stay raised. Is this normal?

Re: How to adjust the built in mobile base on my R4512 table saw

Mine wouldn't lock either but I also added a lot of extra weight to the saw and I think that's what is wrong with mine. The weight I added was a cast iron extension for my router set up along with my T2 fence a fold up extension table and a place to mount my incra sled. I probably have at least an extra 250lbs. to it.

Comment

No extra weight - just the standard saw.

Comment

So what happened here? Is there a way to adjust the lift mechanism on the Beast?

Comment

There has been threads dealing with the lift mechanism in the past. Some had to do with a part of the mechanism that was assembled wrong at the factory. If I remember correctly, it involved a 180° turn on a certain part. Try some searches, you might stumble across what you need.

Ron

Comment

Agreed.. The casters arms, iirc, were 180° out for me and I had to disassemble them. Once done it worked fine. You really need to look at the instruction photos and the mobile base side by side to see the problem. Once I noticed it was an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
            X