Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to using drills/drivers. What settings do I use for Rigid R8611501k?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to using drills/drivers. What settings do I use for Rigid R8611501k?

I picked up a rotary wire brush that I want to use to strip some masonry paint off. What settings would I want to use on this?

I don't know anything about this. Thanks!

Re: New to using drills/drivers. What settings do I use for Rigid R8611501k?

Welcome to the Forum! I would use the drill setting on the drill rather than one of the settings that allow for slippage. I would not use the impact driver. Frank

Comment

I agree with Franki, but let me add that there is no hard and fast rule for using any of the clutch settings. Each tool and it's application is different. Basically, those settings are used when you are driving screws and it depends on the material that you are driving into as well as the screw size and depth. Generally speaking, for "driving" fasteners, you use the lowest setting necessary to set the screw into the workpiece, at which point the proper setting should then "slip".

Welcome to the forum, and I hope this is helpful,

CWS

Comment

welcome and Ditto on the above info,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Don't forget the good quality safety glasses - wires tend to leave the brush at speeds enough to penetrate the eyeball

Comment

Working...
          X