Ridgid bench vise question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid bench vise question

hey all, I wasn't sure where to post this, so this is where I ended up. I have an older ridgid bench vise, probably about 20 years +/- and was wondering where I could pick up a new set of jaw teeth? (if that is what they are called?) I haven't had much luck so far. do most people buy generic and cut to fit?

Thanks,

Brew

Re: Ridgid bench vise question

here is the link to the current bench vises. but they look like 1 piece jaws. Bench Vises - RIDGID Professional Tools

i also have an older ridgid bench vise and i believe it has the removable jaw inserts.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

i just bought a Ridgid 61 CPN combination bench vise its huge probably from around the 1970 era never been bolted down, i am picking it up at my buddies next week i cannot find any info on it

Comment

I thought someone would maybe have some in formation on this vise some photos in a pdf or something, seems to be a dead end trying to find any information on it, any help would be appreciated

Comment

I thought someone would maybe have some in formation on this vise some photos in a pdf or something, seems to be a dead end trying to find any information on it, any help would be appreciated

Comment

A vise is a pretty simple tool, not much to go wrong and not difficult to understand.
            Is there a problem or are you just looking for some info to have in your records?

Did you search the RIDGID website or the web?

Are there any model numbers or anything else that might help us help you?

Need more info, that's probably why you don't have any meaningful help to date
            including this post from me.

All I can make out is what is probably the model, 610PN
            What is the other number under the RIDGID name?

Looks to be in good shape. I am guessing that it is a 6" vise by the model number and
            if you were to buy a new vise that size American made it would set you back some
            serious money. Hang on to it and restore it if need be.

I recently bought a 6" machinist vise with swivel base for a job and it was $1200

Last edited by Bob D.; 08-09-2015, 09:36 AM.
            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
            X