Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Trim Router Base For Bushing

Hi -

I am new here - I am trying to use my trim router with a guide bushing because the big router is heavy any hard on my hands. The base accepts my bushings ok but it protrudes and does not sit flush with the base bottom. I don't think other bases are available and the ones I have are much thicker, so the bit will not always reach low enough.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
    David

Re: Rigid Trim Router Base For Bushing

David,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum!

I have the original Ridgid Trim Router, the R2400, and it's base is fitted for the somewhat standard P-C style bushings. I believe this particular subject was discussed last year sometime and the old R2400 base fits the newer model. I don't know if Ridgid Technical Support can confirm that, but you might want to give it a try. According to my PDF file copy of the repair sheet, the part is 512688001. I see it listed here at M and D Mower for $ 2.15, plus whatever shipping charges there maybe (considerably more I suspect). Here's the link: M&D Mower -- Search results

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thanks CWS.

I checked with M&D but they didn't have enough detailed info on the base.

Thanks Anyway,
      David

Comment

You could call Ridgid Customer Support, and ask for "Technical Support"... I'm not sure if there is direct selection from the phone options, as I haven't had occasion to call them in quite awhile.

Or, you could do a search for the model number here the forum. I'm fairly sure that it was mentioned that the bases were interchangeability.

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X