Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Ridgid X4 Compact Drill (Fuego R86008) Clutch Sound When Stopping at High Speed Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid X4 Compact Drill (Fuego R86008) Clutch Sound When Stopping at High Speed

Hi,

We just moved into our first home and decided to get the 18v x4 compact drill and impact driver combo at Home Depot. In testing the drill at speed 2 (high speed), in the forward rotational direction, and with no load, the drill would make the clutch sound when I let go of the trigger and it stops. The sound is similar to when you hit the torque limit set by the clutch when driving in screws. This doesn't happen in reverse or at any low speed settings.

Anyone with this same drill experiencing the same thing? Anyone with experience with drills know if this is normal? This is my first 18v drill and I have no idea what to expect.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Ridgid X4 Compact Drill (Fuego R86008) Clutch Sound When Stopping at High Speed

It sounds as though there is something causing resistance to the clutch and causing the clutch to slip inappropriately. What number did you have the clutch set to? Does it make a difference what number you have it set to?

Comment

Re: Ridgid X4 Compact Drill (Fuego R86008) Clutch Sound When Stopping at High Speed

Could it be the electric brake, perhaps it's just louder at that speed because it's having to work harder in order to stop the chuck rotation?

Comment

Working...
      X