Factory Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Service

Took my new 13 inch planer (mod #R4331) to service center for loud bearing noise on 9 July 2012. As of today 27 Aug 2012 almost 2 monts later I still have no planer. Service tech always has an excuse why i do not have it back!

So much for ridgid service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never again will I buy a ridgid product.

Re: Factory Service

I always send my stuff to the Ridgid facility in Ohio and have received good service.

Comment

I have heard so much good and bad about the Ridgid service centers. It would behoove Ridgid to scrutinize these businesses and make them pass muster so that all customers enjoy a frustration free encounter. Standardize policy, please.
      Last edited by killavolt; 08-29-2012, 06:20 AM.

Comment

The Ridgid Service Center issues have been going on for almost a decade now. From my viewpoint, I can see no rhyme or reason in their system of deciding where to put one. You can check in some areas and they have multiple locations within 10-20 miles of each other. In my case, I have to drive about 50 miles or so to get to the nearest one which is in a town of 9200 people. The metropolitan area that I live in has an approximate population of 500,000 people yet we don't a service center. If I was using my tools to make a living with, LLSA or not, the lack of a service center in my backyard would be enough to deter me from buying Ridgid/TTI tools.

To the OP, it looks like you have a number of Service Center in your area. Have you checked with another one to see if they can do a better job of taking care of your problem?
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I have no idea of the criteria that Ridgid is basing its selection on. In the past few years, I have seen my "local" change at least three times. The only one that I ever visited was just south of me at my home in Painted Post.... that's right, this little dink town in NY's southern tier! I went looking for it and it was down the old river road south of "Lindley".... that's an "area", not even a town. I passed it three times! It was nothing more than very small yard building, about 10 x 12 feet, which sat up on the bank above this old country 2-lane. Guy was nice, but I was shocked. HIs basic business was small engine repair. Said that Ridgid had contacted him. Well, I don't think he lasted more than a few months. For my sander problem it took him a few weeks to get the parts. Good job though!

Before that, the Service center was up in Syracuse, while they did a great and fast job of turning around my 3-base Ryobi router, a year later they "no longer wished to do business with Ridgid". After my little local guy, I noted that the nearest was then in "Oneota".... but now I see they are gone too.

A quick check of the nearest to my Binghamton address shows a half dozen of more within a 100 miles. The nearest being up near Cortland, which is a "Cycle Shop".... interesting! Similar to Badger Dave, I live in a fairly decent metro area (Binghamton, Johnson City, Endicott, Vestal).... hey, we even have a Harbor Freight, but NO Ridgid Service Center! Why is that? It seems that there is a "disconnect" somehow and I'm of the impression that parts and payment seems to be a possible challenge. I'm left wondering how much a PIA it is to be in this service, and whether it is worth a person's while.

But, for the Rpondanround,

Have they given you any valid reason for the delay? Have you made a call to Ridgid Customer Service, or made any attempt to see the Ridgid rep who visits your local Home Depot on a regular basis? Home Depot may even be able to help you, or at least let you know when the rep will be in.

CWS

Comment

This thread prompted me to see how many Ridgid service centers are within 20 miles of my home. There are 4. Two are tool repair shops. One is a small-engine repair shop.

And the last one claims, "We fix everything." I'm not certain that they can really do that, but the opening sentence at their website could certainly use a little fixing:
            We bost years of expereince in all fasits of tool repair.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X