X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R4512 with Bench Dog router extension support question

I have the Ridgid R4512 table saw and ordered the Bench Dog router extension (40-102). I've seen a few pictures of this same set-up and have read a few reviews. None of the pictures show support legs for this heavy extension which is made of cast iron but I have seen it mentioned a couple times. I read the manual on how to install this and it says that in addition to the bolts between the TS and router extension, the extension must be supported with the steel rails that support the fence.
    Ok, so I think it's safe to assume that support legs aren't required (even the pictures in the manual don't show support legs). But my question is, since the fence rails aren't steel, they're aluminum and 2 pieces at that, will it be ok for them to be partially supporting the cast iron router extension?

Thanks for any input,
    Paul

Re: Ridgid R4512 with Bench Dog router extension support question

here's what one poster here did to his 3650 which had what appears to be a much lighter weight router table than the benchdog:

Woodworking

i wouldn't leave it unsupported.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I think his set-up is slightly different. The 3650 came with CI wings so he installed his router table outside of that so its even further out. On my saw, the 4512, the wings are stamped steal. One of them will be coming off and the router table will be attached directly to the table saw table. So the weight will be in a little closer. That's a good point though, thank you.

Paul

Comment

i hear you. i guess i'm from the "if it's really well supported" school, it can't sag at all. which is better than finding that it's inadequately supported and did sag 1/16".
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

On mine it's not supported at all but I also use a delta t2 fence and rails and the rails are one piece.

Comment

What side of the table are you mounting the saw on?

Comment

Working...
            X