Need help quick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help quick!

Hi all, new here on the forum. After searching the internet for an answer, and not finding one, I came across this forum and hope someone can help.
    We got some of Hurricane Isaac's rain yesterday and all night only to wake up to a flooded basement. After weeks of pretty hot and dry weather, it came down so hard and fast that our sump pump couldn't keep up and we woke up to find our basement flooded this morning!
    We have a Rigid 1600 cfm air mover that we bought a couple of years ago for the same kind of event and it worked pretty good.
    After sucking up most of the water with my carpet shampooer (all I had handy and it works great), I plugged the air mover in and it worked with no issues. It ran maybe a couple of hours and I needed to move it. I turned off the switch and unplugged it to move to another location in the room. When I plugged it back in...nothing. There wasn't any overheating, no burning smell, no nothing to indicate there was a problem. There doesn't seem to be a reset button or anything and technical support isn't open on weekends!!
    Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue with the Rigid air mover? We really need to get the carpet dry...it was only installed two months ago! Thanks for any help.

Re: Need help quick!

It is probably fried now. Can you plug anything into this outlet to confirm it is supplying power? Or try it in the receptacle where it worked last?
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Could be the outlet and not the air mover.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

The hardware stores usually have water displacement pressurized spray cans. Get one that either dries quick or will not spark. A hair drier will help facilitate the drying. CRC makes a good product.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
          The hardware stores usually have water displacement pressurized spray cans. Get one that either dries quick or will not spark. A hair drier will help facilitate the drying. CRC makes a good product.

What is a water displacement pressurized spray can and how does that work to help get carpet dry? thanks for you input!

Comment

Checked out all of the outlets and they are all working fine. It's just the air mover.

Comment

Originally posted by jpie View Post
              Checked out all of the outlets and they are all working fine. It's just the air mover.
              It may help get your blower up and running again if water is causing you to trip a breaker. It is meant for the blower motor and wires.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by jpie View Post
                What is a water displacement pressurized spray can and how does that work to help get carpet dry? thanks for you input!
                It may help get your blower up and running again if water is causing you to trip a breaker. It is meant for the blower motor and wires......selected the wrong post.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • and other specialties.

Comment

my guess is the the 3 speed switch. i don't think the fan has a gfi powercord end.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X