X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS3650 vs RS4512

I have a line on a used TS3650 for $300, looks to be good condition or my local HD has the RS4512 in stock.

Just wondering what you guys would recommend, I am coming from a dewalt DW744 that I sold to my brother.

I do small projects usually and right now I am building a theater room. So ripping sheets of 4 x 8's will be part of the plans.

I also will be adding a CI Router table, either bench dog or king.
    A CI extension, probably king.
    I already have a Delta T2 fence system ill be using.

Anything else I should upgrade? Miter gauge? Zero clearance inserts?

Thanks

Re: Ridgid TS3650 vs RS4512

Considering that you're going to be customizing whichever one you get, the 3650 will be the lesser expensive of the two in the end. With the 4512 you will get the added benefit of a riving knife and the enclosed motor but other than those two features there isn't much difference. Performance wise both will be about the same. If it were my money and space isn't a huge concern I'd probably go with the 3650 but not at $300. The hybrid saws are nice no doubt about it however they really are nothing more than a fully enclosed contractor style saw but that's just my opinion.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just don't know if i'm ready to spend the cash for say the cabinet King/General/Craftex saws.

Comment

I have had a TS3650 for many years. It is an excellent, well made saw. I will eventually buy a cabinet SawStop, but until then I will be use the 3650.

Comment

Go with the RS4512. I owned the TS3650 for many years and sold it to buy the RS4512. Since you mention adding a CI router table to which ever saw you buy the RS4512 will be more stable (the TS 3650 is a bit wobbly compared to the RS4512). I had a router table on my TS3650 and ended up putting 2 legs under the router table side to make it stable. Also with a new RS4512 you can get the LSA.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
            Go with the RS4512. I owned the TS3650 for many years and sold it to buy the RS4512. Since you mention adding a CI router table to which ever saw you buy the RS4512 will be more stable (the TS 3650 is a bit wobbly compared to the RS4512). I had a router table on my TS3650 and ended up putting 2 legs under the router table side to make it stable. Also with a new RS4512 you can get the LSA.
            and remember to bring a harbor freight "20% off any single item" coupon with you. if the HD store you're in refuses to honor the coupon, call HD corporate customer service (800-HOMEDEPOT). that's what i do when i get a store manager who thinks he's saving his store money. hasn't failed yet and you can get the 4512 for $400 plus tax.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              and remember to bring a harbor freight "20% off any single item" coupon with you. if the HD store you're in refuses to honor the coupon, call HD corporate customer service (800-HOMEDEPOT). that's what i do when i get a store manager who thinks he's saving his store money. hasn't failed yet and you can get the 4512 for $400 plus tax.
              If only i were in the States

Silly Canada, saw is $600.

Comment

Working...
              X