X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Router Controller Dead

Hello. My dad owns a Ridgid palm router, and was using it for a project, then the motor controller died. He said it sparked a few times and started smoking. We took it apart to find that some component on the motor board was fried. He tried soldering a wire to it, but then that just tripped the breaker in our house. He bought a new one, took it apart, and he was right. It was just a wire. So the question is, is there any way we can buy just the motor controller?

Oh, he bought the tool about 14 months ago.

Re: Palm Router Controller Dead

Try ereplacementparts.com for the part you're looking for.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks. It looks like the part is about $40.

And about the new palm router. My dad says when ever he turns it on, in the motor, it is just all sparks. Does anyone know what is causing this? He just bought it to...

Comment

Welcome to the Ridgid Forum!

Should I presume that you are referring to the "Trim Router", R2401 (Trim Router - RIDGID Professional Tools) ?

I believe your sparks are nothing more than brushes riding on the armature. This would especially be true on a brand-new tool, but if your working area is dark, it is imaginable that you might still see some sparking.

I can't say that I've noticed that on any of my Ridgid routers (R2900 and first model of the R2400), but it is quite noticeable on any of my drills. Just the way it is I guess, especially if the vents are adjacent to where the brushes ride on the armature. It shouldn't be a big deal and frankly I just don't pay attention enough to know... it's more how the tool sounds and runs.

I hope this is helpful,

CWS

Comment

Working...
        X