X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6791 Collated Screw Gun Mystery

I've been getting a run-a-round from Ridgid trying to find one of their new drywall screwguns.
    The R6791 is the only one you can find on the Ridgid website (Ridgid customer service told me the older model R6790 is still for sale, however you can't find it on their website.). They told me the only way you can buy one of these is by special order through Home Depot. When I called Home Depot they tell me they have no information on the R6791 and can't order it! I'd like to try one of these but apparently Ridgid isn't interested in selling them.
    Anyone else had a similar experience trying to find one of these? What gives, Ridgid???

Re: R6791 Collated Screw Gun Mystery

Every local HD here has the new R6791 screw gun. I think they roll them out to each market at the same time, and yours just hasn't got it yet I would venture. At least here, they all get the new units with in days of eah other it seems.

Comment

I called HD back and had the department manager call Ridgid. He got back to me an hour or so later and said he could, in fact, order one for me from Ridgid for $129.99. Told him I'd get back to him.
      Meanwhile, I found one online (not HD) and I ordered it (for a lot less than $130).
      Yesterday afternoon I went to HD to get collated screws. They had the R6790 on display. While I was browsing around I looked up at the top stock shelf and lo-and-behold... 3 R6791 boxes!
      The manager happened to come down the isle as I was standing there. I introduced myself as the guy he spoke to on the phone and told him that he had the R6791 in stock already. He said no, that was the older R6790. We argued a little and he bet me $5000 that they didn't have the R6791. When I pointed to the boxes his jaw dropped! He got one down and we both looked it over. Then he scanned it with his bc reader and it said the price was $99. Told him that I'd already bought one but he sure was confused by then.
      Long story short I told him I'd be back later for the 5 large!
      Bottom line looks like Ridgid and Home Depot are dropping the ball on getting the Ridgid tools out in front of customers. Like I said before, HD doesn't list the R6791 on their website and Ridgid doesn't list the R6790 on theirs.

Comment

I have seen this before at Home Depot, specifically with new tools. As long as the old one shows in inventory, they will not put the new one on displsy. They have given me the new one, when I have asked. This is their marketing strategy, as I see it.

To circumvent this process, make friends with the employees. Most, not all, will help. The manager on duty (MOD) is usually too stressed out to be much use.

Comment

none of this is new. its always that way. I always point out things the manager doesnt know.Like the screw gun, new framing nailer(been out for couple months), roofing nailer, all on top shelf not being marketed to people, much less available

Comment

I purchased one today at my HD as a used item. Initially, I would like to use it to fix some fence posts...

I cannot find collated 1 5/8" galvanized outdoor deck screws - any help would be appreciated...

HD only had various sizes of drywall to wood screws.

They had some deck screws, but they were 2".

Thanks!!!

Comment

good luck, the 2" is about all I could find as well.

Comment

Working...
              X