X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New R4512 table saw....I'm happy!

I recently purchased a R4512 table saw and must add that I am very impressed.

First of all, I need to thank the members of this forum (and others) for all the info on the R4512. I was well prepared to buy, assemble, and setup this saw.

I did get the 20% HF discount. There were 2 Home Depot stores in my area that had the R4512 in stock. One had several but it would not honor the HF coupon. I even talked to the store manager. The other store said it would but had only one saw left and it took them about 10-15 minutes to find it. They had the saw marked down below $500 already and then the Harbor Freight 20% made it a deal I couldn’t pass up.

The assembly is relatively straight forward. Yes, the manual could be improved but I have seen much worse. The first thing I checked was blade alignment because of prior reading regarding blade alignment issues. Before getting into a bunch of assembly, I put the saw top side up on several 2x4’s. I then inserted a blade (not the Ridgid blade but one I planned to use). I checked the alignment and found it about 1/16” out. I then put the saw over upside down and loosen the 4 trunnion bolts. I’m glad I did that. The “hidden” bolt was very difficult to get loose. It was much easier doing it now that once the saw is all put together.

After assembly was complete, I adjusted the blade alignment. It really wasn’t all that hard using “Furnitude”’s idea of using a clamp. I then used the saw on a small project (and it worked great) and checked the alignment again. It was way out. What I noticed is the alignment was about .012-.014” out at full blade elevation. However, if I lowered the blade slightly, it was within .002” of alignment. I lowered the blade further and the alignment held. Only at max blade elevation was it off. I read elsewhere that you shouldn’t check alignment at full elevation. I’m not sure what is right but I almost never cut at max height anyhow.

Bottom line, this is one great saw for the money. I just wish more Home Depot stores would stock them; otherwise, you’re saddled with another $100 in shipping.

Re: New R4512 table saw....I'm happy!

Welcome to the group wrj. We'll be looking forward to your future contributions to the forum. Don't forget to register your 4512 into the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement Program and for gosh sakes don't throw away the UPC with the box.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: New R4512 table saw....I'm happy!

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Welcome to the group wrj. We'll be looking forward to your future contributions to the forum. Don't forget to register your 4512 into the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement Program and for gosh sakes don't throw away the UPC with the box.
      Probably doesn't need to be said, but, make sure you make and keep all copies of what's needed for the LSA

Ron

Comment

Working...
      X