X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to approve LSA

Does anyone remember how long it takes for Ridgid to approve the LSA for a tool. The submittal form says 10-12 weeks but that seems like a long time. Does it really take that long?

Also, does the LSA approval appear on the Ridgid website under your login?

Re: How long to approve LSA

Yes it takes that long and sometimes even longer. The LLSA information doesn't appear under the login to this forum however you can get to your Dashboard (stupid name) from the ridgid.com website.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Yes it takes that long and sometimes even longer. The LLSA information doesn't appear under the login to this forum however you can get to your Dashboard (stupid name) from the ridgid.com website.
      Thanks

Actually I meant the dashboard but didn't state it correctly.

Comment

I have several tools waiting for the LSA program to be initiated in my dashboard.
        I mailed everything in August 2012.

Today is October 26, 2012
        I decided it's almost two months so I dropped customer service an e-mail....

Read my E-mail and their reply:

"Sent by Customer Service 03:44PM on October 26, 2012:

Due to the increased volume that has been sent in, the warranty processing department is behind. I assure you that once your
        receipt copy has been received by the processing department, your account will be updated. You will receive an email once the account has updated.
        If it has been more than 3 months since you mailed the items, you can contact the processing department at 1-866-539-1710 options 2-2-1.

Sent by Martin 03:07PM on October 26, 2012:

Listed below are three items from my dashboard. [deleted for security reasons]
        August 31, 2012 you received the LSA registration documentation. This registration was mailed registered mail signature required.
        It was signed as received but I'm unable to read the signature.

I know from past experience it does take a while to update the dashboard to correctly indicate LSA coverage.
        Please review my dashboard. As of Oct 26, 2012 it still indicates the LSA coverage has not been initiated.

Thank you....."

As you can see response time is outstanding! Their explanation is not unreasonable.
        My tools are in fact still covered for at least three years so I'm not panicking!

So to those of you whining about customer service and warranty and LSA registration I ask you the following....

What did I do right? and what did you do wrong?

For those of you new to the forum..welcome, but having your first 4 posts crying about customer service is not a way to gain the respect
        of the thousands of satisfied customers and those satisfied folks here on the forum.

I do understand Ridge Tool is backlogged and I suspect the mail room and customer service are at
        different ends of their building thus the slow processing. I have been a Ridge/Ridgid tool owner since 2005 and have never had
        any negative experiences with customer service.

Finally, I do not abuse my tools so none of them have ever been broken!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
          So to those of you whining about customer service and warranty and LSA registration I ask you the following....

For those of you new to the forum..welcome, but having your first 4 posts crying about customer service is not a way to gain the respect
          of the thousands of satisfied customers and those satisfied folks here on the forum.
          Cactus Man I've read many post from people complaining etc but in all fairness to this new member, I think you've inadvertently lumped this person into that same pile of whiners you may be use to dealing with as I've checked his previous post and I don't see any complaining about customer service... in fact I think he is off to a great start.

In one post he gives a description and opinion on a table saw, in summary he likes the product.
          Another post he helps a member by providing box dimensions the person was trying to find.
          He also asked a question about a product he bought on sale and was inquiring if the sale was because the item was on the discontinued list.

His other two post are in this thread asking about how long it takes to hear back about the LSA. Perfectly legitimate question as far as I'm concerned as I have two kits I've sent in paperwork etc for approximately 2 months ago which are also pending LSA approval. To be honest, as with the other tool's I've registered with Ridgid, I get a little antsy nearing the three month mark as that is the cut off for returning the tools for a refund, no questions asked. For me half the value of the tools was the LSA coverage for the batteries and if for some unforeseen reason the tools weren't approved for LSA (because I bought them on clearance etc) than I would return them to the store and purchase a different product. Personally I don't see an issue with his inquiry but in any event...

Welcome to the forum wrj.

Comment

Superman of steel...
            My intent was to show him the response from customer service explaining the delay.
            I simply copied my comments from a different posting I should have edited it here sorry....
            My intentions were pure and simply wanted him to know there is a long time delay.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
              I have several tools waiting for the LSA program to be initiated in my dashboard.
              I mailed everything in August 2012.

Today is October 26, 2012
              I decided it's almost two months so I dropped customer service an e-mail....

Read my E-mail and their reply:

"Sent by Customer Service 03:44PM on October 26, 2012:

Due to the increased volume that has been sent in, the warranty processing department is behind.[Bob D: standard BS response, I don't believe it]
              I assure you that once your receipt copy has been received by the processing department, your account will be updated. You will receive an email once the account has updated.
              If it has been more than 3 months since you mailed the items, you can contact the processing department at 1-866-539-1710 options 2-2-1.

Sent by Martin 03:07PM on October 26, 2012:

Listed below are three items from my dashboard. [deleted for security reasons]
              August 31, 2012 you received the LSA registration documentation. This registration was mailed registered mail signature required.
              It was signed as received but I'm unable to read the signature.

I know from past experience it does take a while to update the dashboard to correctly indicate LSA coverage.
              Please review my dashboard. As of Oct 26, 2012 it still indicates the LSA coverage has not been initiated.

Thank you....."

As you can see response time is outstanding! Their explanation is not unreasonable.
              My tools are in fact still covered for at least three years so I'm not panicking!

I do understand Ridge Tool [Bob D: ?? Ridge Tool makes RIDGID branded plumbing tools and is not the RIDGID name used by TTI or OWT who are responsible for the line of battery operated tools and woodworking tools. Don't blame Ridge Tool for TTI's poor performance] is backlogged and I suspect the mail room and customer service are at different ends of their building thus the slow processing [Bob D: I think they are as close as their phone or computer screens, physical seperation has nothing to do with a slow registration process. ] I have been a Ridge/Ridgid tool owner since 2005 and have never had
              any negative experiences with customer service.

Finally, I do not abuse my tools so none of them have ever been broken!
              [Bob D: many tools break or otherwise do not perform as expected because of poor quality components, slack QA oversight, design problems, etc. Its not always the fault of the tool purchaser that the tool fails.]

Cactus Man

---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hello Cactus Man, no worries, I figured it was an error or something and I didn't want to point it out to create conflict. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression of wrj as he is a new member. I'm sure once he's been around for a while he will see you are a nice person and helpful in your postings. Again, I didn't want to create conflict or make a big deal out of it, I was just wanting to add some clarity to what seemed like an out of the blue comment.

Take care, Jason.

Comment

Dont hold your breath ive been waiting 8 months now they keep telling me they are way behind on processing It will appear on the website when they process it But your 3 year warranty is all you need right now just keep your reciept handy.I just had a battery replaced no problems.

Comment

lol I would freak if I had to wait 8 months in fact I better not be waiting 8 months, After the third month (12 week) I literally would be calling them 2 to 3 times a week if for no other reason than to remind them I am waiting and they haven't fulfilled their side of our agreement yet. I personally feel a large portion of the tools value is associated with the LSA. As far as I'm concerned the whole matter is a loose end in terms of my satisfaction as a customer until I get that confirmation and assurance I am registered and have received what I've paid for.

Having said that my last few kits have all been completed in under three months so I'm optimistic these latest items will also be processed in a timely manner.

Comment

Originally posted by sammy69 View Post
                      Dont hold your breath ive been waiting 8 months now they keep telling me they are way behind on processing It will appear on the website when they process it But your 3 year warranty is all you need right now just keep your reciept handy.I just had a battery replaced no problems.
                      8 months! How do you know they haven't lost it? This would make me very nervous.

Comment

Sent in my first lsa on 8/24 for a 4512 tablesaw, Ridgid received it on 8/27. When I checked the status on the website last week, it told me it was ineligable for lsa, I was gettiing nervous as the 3 months was coming up (no problems with the saw, I love it) but still had the 3yr anyway. Received the lsa confirmation email from Ridgid last night.
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by me5269 View Post
                          Sent in my first lsa on 8/24 for a 4512 tablesaw, Ridgid received it on 8/27. When I checked the status on the website last week, it told me it was ineligable for lsa, I was gettiing nervous as the 3 months was coming up (no problems with the saw, I love it) but still had the 3yr anyway. Received the lsa confirmation email from Ridgid last night.
                          How do you know Ridgid received it on 8/27? Is that something the Dashboard tells you?

Comment

No, I figured if I had to send the original receipt (which I made copies of) and the UPC off the box I'd send it registered mail, just in case it got lost.
                            Mike

Comment

I always send paperwork like this registered post with a signature for pickup. It cost me $11 as I mail my paperwork from Canada but at least I have a receipt showing I sent in my stuff and they received it. It also helps me keep track of the timeline for the process and helps curb any chance of them saying they haven't received it etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X