X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD6800 problems.

Hello, picked up a used rd6800, 3700 hours, poorly cared for. Runs better after a tune up and fresh gas. Problem with the output though. When I plug in to it I get power but not enough. I havnt checked the 220 line yet.

When I hook up my air compressor there is no load adjusting just idles, and compressor wont run full. Once when i reved it up myself the ac ran fine, but will not do that any more. Some one did replace one of the outlets with a regular outlet, would thast cause a problem? Where should I start checking first? Im good with a wrench but have no tools to test electric stuff. Thanks for any input.

Re: RD6800 problems.

Well found a adapter for the 220 so I could run my compressor and it runs at half speed. Has to be a problem with power generation. The generator still doesnt rev up when I start compresor.

Comment

I just got this generator too. I noticed a similar issue. My dehumidifier would not kick the generator into full throttle resulting in improper operation of the dehumidifier. When I turned idle down off, it worked fine. Maybe the unit doesn't properly sense when there is a load?

Comment

Is your unit used? If im correct the brushes control the idle, Im gonna check it today.

Comment

I think ive settled on it being the voltage regulator. I took it out and the back has some cracking on the coating. I reinstalled it and gen worked fine for a minute but soon went back to crap. Its a 35$ part so its worth a shot. I also noticed the usage % reading on the digital read out is always 0%.

Comment

Working...
          X