Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Ridgid 50T Carbide blade R1050C

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Ridgid 50T Carbide Table saw blade model R1050C?
    I google searched the model # and the only search result that came up was Amazon. Amazon stated that they don't know when this item will get restocked. I also checked online vendors for Ridgid and also found nothing.

Regards,

Re: Where to buy Ridgid 50T Carbide blade R1050C

Those blades are no longer marketed. AFAIK, they were made by Freud. It was a common 50T ATB/R combination style so many comparable blades are available. The Infinity 010-150 Combomax Lite is the best of this type of blade I've tried to date. A Freud LU83R010 would be very similar minus the titanium coating. The new Irwin Marples would also be a good choice.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Hewood.

Comment

Hewood is correct in that these "Ridgid" blades are no longer available. They stopped marketing them last year. Unfortunate as I used the 50-tooth on all three of my saws (table, RAS, and CMT) and really liked them. They've held up well and make a very good rip and cross-cut

The suggested Freud blades would be a great choice too.

CWS

Comment

My dilemma is that I am currently using a portable table saw .. DeWalt Dw754 and the riving knife/splitter on that saw requires a min. kerf of .094" and max. plate of .067". I have been having a tought time finding a suitable saw blade for it.

If I go with the Freud LU87R010, it is a 24T blade and has a .094" kerf and plate thickness of 0071". Would it be a good choice ... will I get a good clean cut? I imagine that a 24T will be easier on the table saw. Having a blade the same size kerf as the splitter I think is too close for comfort.

Another choice is an FS Tools (Canadian company) saw blade, 24T thin-kerf. It has a .098" kerf with a plate thickness of .071". This is a top notch blade about 2x the price of the Freud

What do you guys recommend ?

Comment

I need some edumacating here, what is it about the DeWalt saw that requires the plate thickness to be no thicker than .067"? As long as the .094" is sufficient kerf width to satisy the riving knife/splitter requirement what does it matter what the plate thickness is as long as it's smaller than .094"? Could be that this is one of those situations where the answer is staring me right in the face and I just can't see it, happens all the time.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

What was explained to me was that the throat plate matters when changing the angle of the blade during cutting. Other than I don't know what the impact is.
              This is from the DeWalt manual ...
              "The riving knife provided with this saw is marked as follows (Fig. 30):
              0.087" (2.2 mm) THICK RIVING KNIFE. ONLY USE FOR 10" (254 mm) Ø BLADE WITH 0.094" (2.4 mm) MIN. KERF WIDTH AND 0.067" (1.75 mm) MAX. BODY
              THICKNESS."

Comment

The Freud Diablo 50-tooth blade that Home Depot carries, should be almost a direct replacement for the Ridgid blade you are using. Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe they are the same width (kerf) and the two blades are twins with the the only difference being the color and the branding.

I presume that the 24-tooth blade would be generally better for rips on rough lumber, but you would not get the smooth quality that a 50-t would provide, especially on cross-cuts.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgg View Post
                  What was explained to me was that the throat plate matters when changing the angle of the blade during cutting. Other than I don't know what the impact is.
                  This is from the DeWalt manual ...
                  "The riving knife provided with this saw is marked as follows (Fig. 30):
                  0.087" (2.2 mm) THICK RIVING KNIFE. ONLY USE FOR 10" (254 mm) Ø BLADE WITH 0.094" (2.4 mm) MIN. KERF WIDTH AND 0.067" (1.75 mm) MAX. BODY
                  THICKNESS."
                  In that case, why not make your own throat plate or plates. You will get less tearout if you make zero clearance inserts for your most used cut angles. If changing inserts all the time isn't to your liking then put a blank insert on the saw and raise the blade up at a 90° angle then do the same with the blade set at a 45° angle. Remove the material that's left between the two cuts and you'll have a throat plate can handle any angle the saw can cut at regardless of the plate thickness of the blade.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this will fit your saw or not but if you don't feel like making your own blank insert the Model 960 sold by Peachtree is one alternative to making your own.
                  Last edited by BadgerDave; 10-31-2012, 10:44 AM.
                  ================================================== ====
                  ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                    In that case, why not make your own throat plate or plates. You will get less tearout if you make zero clearance inserts for your most used cut angles. If changing inserts all the time isn't to your liking then put a blank insert on the saw and raise the blade up at a 90° angle then do the same with the blade set at a 45° angle. Remove the material that's left between the two cuts and you'll have a throat plate can handle any angle the saw can cut at regardless of the plate thickness of the blade.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this will fit your saw or not but if you don't feel like making your own blank insert the Model 960 sold by Peachtree is one alternative to making your own.
                    Neat trick .. ok so now I think I am starting to get it. So the max blade plate thickness specified by DeWalt is based on the existing throat plate size where the saw blade sits in.
                    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X