Ridgid 6800 generator early shut down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid 6800 generator early shut down

Where can I order part 310854001 ? If ridgid is aware of this problem, shouldn't they put out a notice online ? Maybe they have but I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducksoup View Post
      Where can I order part 310854001 ?
      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=310854001
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Having a similar issue with my new 6800 generator. Initially put 1 gallon of gas in just to test it. Wouldn't start so I added another gallon. Same problem. Called ridgid and they said the pint of oil shipped with the unit isn't actually enough so bought more and added a little extra. Still no go. Added another gallon and finally got it started. Let it run for 5 minutes and thought all was good. Tried again the next day and it stalled within 5 minutes. You could hear it struggling for gas. Finally added another gallon and it ran smooth for a half hour. Clearly something is not right and will be calling ridgid on Monday.

Comment

Cweitner: Please post your results after you contact Ridgid again. It appears that they are providing different answers for a recurring problem with the 6800 unit. Thanks

Comment

Is the 6800 unit the CARB version? Is there ONLY a CARB version of it available?

I noticed there are 2 different models of the 8000w unit. The CARB version has a more complicated fuel tank to carb setup (inline canister, etc)

Im wondering if the 6800 has a similar setup and is causing issues. Further, I wonder if the 8000w model CARB parts will fit and possibly resolve the 6800 issues.

Comment

Apologies for taking so long to respond. I finally spoke with someone from Ridgid today and explained the issue. The rep said there was a vapor lock issue on certain models - including mine (RD906812). There was a lot of background noise (maybe a holiday party going on) so it was a little difficult to hear but what I understood was the vapor line needs to be re-routed and I just need to bring it in for service.

Comment

Working...
              X