X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 8000 generator dc pinout

Trying to figure out what each wire in the 4 pin connector does. I am looking to use my own solution for remote start and choke and was wondering if anyone knows what each pin does or if anyone has tackled this before?

Re: ridgid 8000 generator dc pinout

12v
    Switched 12v (to starter relay)
    Switched ground (kill wire to ignition)
    Ground

Can't remember the order/wire colors... I'll re-post when I have that info available.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

On the ENGINE END of the harness:

GREEN - 12v (to battery)
      YELLOW - 12v switched (to starter relay)
      WHITE - ground
      BROWN - switched ground (ignition kill)
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by snoop168 View Post
        Trying to figure out what each wire in the 4 pin connector does. I am looking to use my own solution for remote start and choke and was wondering if anyone knows what each pin does or if anyone has tackled this before?
        I started this project but never finished.

I assumed (incorrectly!) that "On" position actually turns something On at the generator. Unfortunately there is no lead connected to the On position of the key switch. My hope was that I could use On to trigger a timer relay to a door lock solenoid to push the choke in. That way if I needed to start when cold, make sure I turn the key to start within the timer relay amount. If the engine was warm and required no choke, turn the key to start AFTER the timer would have expired.

Since there is no direct link from On to the generator itself, another lead would need to be added. Its not a big deal to do it, I just wanted a nice neat solution. I would fish a new lead thru the mesh bundle of wires to the control panel just because I don't want a lead hanging on the outside of it. At that point the lead could either be connected to On on the ignition switch, or just a plain old pushbutton or toggle switch. Push or toggle the switch to get choke, or leave the button/switch alone to get no choke.

I never did get around to finishing the project. And sure enough, CT got hit by Sandy. Had to fire up the trusty generator, but "starting remotely" was the last thing on my mind....minor inconvenience compared to the rest of the situation.

Comment

Working...
        X