Rigid Max HC batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Max HC batteries

I purchased the 18V drill/jigsaw combo pack a few years ago. Now I have just one battery that barely holds a charge, and one that doesn't function at all.
    I suppose I'd like to get two more batteries so that I can continue to use the jigsaw and drill; but I am having little luck finding these particular batteries.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks for any assistance, Marc

Re: Rigid Max HC batteries

Originally posted by marcfloyd View Post
    I purchased the 18V drill/jigsaw combo pack a few years ago. Now I have just one battery that barely holds a charge, and one that doesn't function at all.
    I suppose I'd like to get two more batteries so that I can continue to use the jigsaw and drill; but I am having little luck finding these particular batteries.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks for any assistance, Marc

you dont need those particular batteries, buy the new ones. All 18 volt bats fit all 18 volt tools, and new ones are better

Comment

Wow, who'd've thunk it? Thanks for the info!

Comment

I agree with Pesciwasp I'll add the following:

Be sure your battery charger will accommodate the new lithium-ion batteries.
        If you have the dual charger it will not handle lithium-ion batteries.
        The charger must say lithium-ion or dual chemistry on the front decals.
        There are 4 generations/versions of the single charger. The newest X-4 single charger
        is the best of them all!

The new X-4 lithium-ion batteries are offered on E-bay for around $60.00 for the 18v 3AH model
        The new battery charger for the X-4 batteries are also on E-bay for around $39.00
        NOTE..buying this on E-bay will only give you the three year warranty and IS NOT
        qualified for the LSA program!!!!!

Buying the same items at Home Depot will run more...the X-4 battery 18V 3AH is around $99.99
        and the charger is around $49.00 plus tax..and is also not qualified for the LSA program.

By the way if your batteries are only "a few years old" you may qualify for warranty replacement
        as I believe they are covered for three years unless they were registered for the LSA program.
        Check your dashboard and/or call customer service to find out...HOME DEPOT does not do
        Ridgid warranty coverage unless specifically indicated in their rental center.

By the what what does "thunk" mean? I suspect in proper English you mean "THINK"

Cactus Man
        Last edited by cactusman; 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Thank you senior members for your valuable info. My batteries(which came with the drill/jigsaw combo pack) look to be from the 43rd week of '05. I recently went to HD and looked at what they have these days, and it looks as if they have TWO whole offers. The drill/impact driver combo for $179 or the 5 pack combo for much more. While I could stand to upgrade my drill, my beloved jigsaw is what I am hoping to save. Also, nearly everything is Lithium ion and I have a hard time believing that those batteries will power my '05 jigsaw. If I am wrong please tell me. And I don't see any new jigsaws being offered anywhere, have they been discontinued?
          Thanks again for your time, Marc

ps--"thunk" is a humorous, non-standard past participle of think.

Comment

I have that same jigsaw, the new batteries run it better than the old NiCads ever did. The 1.5Ah batteries will run it just fine as well although the extra run time on the 3.0 batteries are nice. If you can find the Hammer/Impact combo (they're still around at some HD's) for 279.00 it gives you the x4 hammer drill and impact along with a new charger and 2 3.0 batteries. The 179.00 kit is also very good, just the compact lighter drill that is not a hammer drill along with the 1.5 batteries. These batteries btw are light years over anything Ridgid has offered in the past.

Comment

So you're saying that the "new" lithium ion batteries WILL power my jigsaw(and drill)? Do they charge on the same old charger?

Comment

Hello Marc, "Yes" the new lithium batteries will power your 18v drill and JigSaw. Your old charger may not charge the new batteries. If it says "lithium or Dual Chemistry" on the charger it will work but if it doesn't clearly state that than the answer is "NO" do not use that charger with the new style batteries.

As far as I'm concerned the jigsaw is a keeper for sure, you can't get them anymore and I actually ended up buying mine used. It's a bit heavy for cordless but it works great.

If your buying new batteries I would recommend getting a kit, it is your best value by far. Not sure if you have this deal where you are right now but the X4 kit is now being sold with an 18v JobMax for 499. If you purchased the JobMax separate it would be $109 for just the bare tool. The X4 kit was already a decent value but with the JobMax included it's a no brainier. The X4 Kit includes an impact driver, reciprocating saw, hammer drill, circular saw, work light, new style charger.

No matter what you decide to get if anything, be sure to get the items registered and send in what you need for the LSA.
                Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 11-05-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X