How long should a repair take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should a repair take?

I needed the trigger on my drill so I took it in to a service center. I figured it would take a month maybe two. I am on my fifth month so I called and talked with customer service through Ridgid. Though they were nice, she said the service center is going to get my part and will fix the drill although it will take 7 to 10 days to get the part and then they have to fix it. Honestly I think it has been way too long. Should they just have replaced the drill by now? Couldn't find anything in the LSA agreement stating one way or the other. Pretty lousy customer service in my opinion.

Re: How long should a repair take?

Two weeks, tops. Any company taking longer than that for this repair sucks, should be embarrassed, and calling you to apologize.

Now, 5 months? They should issue a whole new kit and a letter of apology. 100% serious.

Comment

sounds like they took in the drill and never ordered the part. sat on the shelf until you called to raise hell. i blame the local repair center on this one.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Just think of all the wear and tear they saved that drill by holding onto it for you? The batteries will probably be dead beyond taking a charge unless you've been using them for other tools.

Comment

I have never left a customer's parts on the shelf or forgot to call a customer back or missed a scheduled appointment, or had a solder joint leak. SAID, SOMEONE WHO HASN'T BEEN DOING THIS VERY LONG. LIKE NOT EVEN A DAY LONG
          "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

I would have started calling two weeks after I dropped it off. I might be in the beginning stages of my career but i have already learned the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Iv called the wholesaler four times in the last two weeks about my ridgid propress promotion and only last Saturday when I took the three hour round trip did they actually get on the phone and call about it. You shouldn't have to do this but I must admit I have more then one customer calling me quite regularly about miscellaneous small jobs I have yet to find the time for. I know that's probably bad business but I'm only one guy and eight to nine hours five to six days a week in enough. " although I must admit this last week as been far less then that trying to wrap up a few of my own projects before winter.

Comment

I agree with Rick. I think that the drill was placed on a shelf, pending "whatever", and forgotten. I don't like it but I know it happens, and some instances are more puzzling than others.

My wife and I were in a Waffle House one night last year. We were the ONLY two customers there. We placed our order and 20 minutes later we still had no food. I asked the waitress about it and she said, "I'm sorry but your order must have gotten lost."

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaDan View Post
                My wife and I were in a Waffle House one night last year..............
                Dan
                On our last visit to my sister and her family, who live in Macon, I got introduced to that great American icon, the Waffle House. One has not lived until you have eaten there at least once. The menu consists of items that you probably would be better off not eating which are cooked in a manner that is again probably not the best for you. However the taste of that food is almost indescribable it is so GOOD! Dan, you woke up a sleeping giant with those two little words.........we have no Waffle House eatin joints anywhere near here so the local greasy spoons will have to do but they pale in comparison. Long live the Waffle House.

I apologize to the OP for this little side trip.
                ================================================== ====
                ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
                X