X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard and warranty questions

I have two questions regarding the way information are organized on the dash board.

First, I am trying to make a hard copy print of the dash board but the portion on top (the dark color customer ID "strip") do not show up on the print. All I am getting is the photo of the guy holding the nail gun and the information that follows. I would like to have a copy with my customer ID & name showing all the warranties for my records and also to take it to a service center for them to verify. Anyone know of a way to print out this information?

Second, I had an tool battery purchased about a year ago and it has a 3 year warranty. Recently I had it replaced. I had to call into Ridgid LSA processing department to register my replacement battery. To my surprise, they did not DELETE my old battery, but ADDED a new battery with a new serial number. The thing is, the new one says "PURCHASED: N/A" and "REGISTERED: 10.26.12". Now does that mean I have three more years from 10.26.12? I told them the date I purchased it, in fact it was still with the old battery it replaced. Why didn't they transfer that information?

Re: Dashboard and warranty questions

How did you try and print the screen? If you are in Windows, you should be able to do a print screen (PrtSc) and paste it into Paint or MS Word and print from there. Also, there is a free screen capture program called PicPick which can capture the screen or a portion of the screen and save it in several formats such as jpeg.

Comment

See my post in the open discussion.

Comment

I (to test your question) tried to use the Windows print preview once I was logged in to my dashboard and got the same result as you.

This could be a glitch in your browser (and mine). I'm using Vista/IE8.

Using a screen capture program like Snag-it or using the Windows Prnt-Scrn key will work as was suggested, just takes a couple more steps.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Maybe its just a safeguard designed into the print program to keep your identity and Customer ID number a little more secure. If needed, matching the Serial Number and Model Number should be enough to identify the tool as yours.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
          X