Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Jobsite Radio going to get a charger??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Jobsite Radio going to get a charger??

I was wondering if anyone out there knows if Ridgid is going to put out a jobsite radio that also has a battery charger built into it. I am opening a construction company and have chosen to purchase primarily ridgid tools if possible, however i the only downside that i noticed is that the jobsite radion doesn't charge the batteries like most of the competitors radios do. Does anyone know if I should hold off on buying the radio in hopes that a model with a built in charger will come out?

Re: Is the Jobsite Radio going to get a charger??

As far as I know, only DeWalt offers a jobsite radio that also charges tool batteries since they hold the patent on the system. Porter-Cable, Milwaukee, and Ridgid will run off of tool batteries but will not charge them, again, because DeWalt holds the patent.

Comment

by pass the patent and make a dock for a battery charger in or on the radio, it achieves the same purpose,
      if they went one better and produce a battery charger that either could take additional noses that could charge all brands or just a charger that could accept all brands, of batteries, that would dock on the radio.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Ryobi had a radio that charges batteries, Bosch did have one, but got sued. Eventually the patent will run out and everyone and their brother will have a radio charger. For now I would not hold my breath for a Ridgid upgrade.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

It's all in the wording, Ridgid should market a "Charger with a built in radio"

Comment

Working...
          X