Speculation: The ultimate 12-pc. Contractor combo kit "coming soon"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speculation: The ultimate 12-pc. Contractor combo kit "coming soon"

I would think maybe contractors would need more batteries, but I could honestly live with 2. What irks me is that they dont give you the LARGER aH batteries (or at least one of each). But again I guess that just makes you want to go out and buy more!

The "penny" Ryobi set I got came with 5 tools and 2 batteries (1 full size and 1 compact). The compact has never worked since day one, had it replaced (on day one) with a brand new one and that one died within a month. The full size battery is going strong (I mainly only use it for the JobPlus but it lasts forever).

Meanwhile my full size Ridgid batteries that are now about 6 years old still work perfectly. Maybe they are just building them cheaper to entice people to buy more/buy a whole new set if the batteries die.

Comment

still no grinder or 1/2" impact... hell not even a jobmax grinder head... pathetic. If it came exclusively with a grinder head for the jobmax in this combo kit I would probably buy it just for that.

Comment

An oscillating grinder head? Im wondering what you could realistically grind with that.

I dont look at *any* multitool (corded, cordless, etc) as something heavy duty enough to do grinding. Maybe some tile or something but they already make blades for that.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
          An oscillating grinder head? Im wondering what you could realistically grind with that.

I dont look at *any* multitool (corded, cordless, etc) as something heavy duty enough to do grinding. Maybe some tile or something but they already make blades for that.
          No... an actual grinder head attachment just like the drill, jigsaw, etc...

Comment

Ahh gotcha. I wasnt thinking enough about how the actual JobMAX works.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              still no grinder or 1/2" impact... hell not even a jobmax grinder head... pathetic. If it came exclusively with a grinder head for the jobmax in this combo kit I would probably buy it just for that.
              I won't knock my Ridgid 5 piece nicad set, still running strong and batteries replaced free of charge. I will say that I can't imagine buying Ridgid again since they don't offer tool for tool what the others do, including the 1/2inch heavy duty impact and grinder. I am alright with the cordless tools I currently own, but if the need arises I will not hesitate to buy the Milwaukee 18volt line.

Comment

this is the biggest on the market just ordered friday
                Milwaukee Tool | M18™ 15-Tool Combo Kits | M18™ Cordless LITHIUM-ION 15-Tool Combo Kit
                how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
                  I believe that Ridgid would not only attract a lot of the market with such a wide variety of useful cordless tools, they would also sell to current 18 volt Ridgid owners! Still makes no good sense to me why Ridgid is so severely limited in a market of many choices?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    I believe that Ridgid would not only attract a lot of the market with such a wide variety of useful cordless tools, they would also sell to current 18 volt Ridgid owners! Still makes no good sense to me why Ridgid is so severely limited in a market of many choices?
                    i agrre with you to a point, i feel that their tool line is marketed more as a high end home owner line not for the pro. reason being the market place, the warranty is good, but not worth the paper its written on. i bought the tools when they first came out and the lifetime warranty was voided by local service due to freezing of the battery during use, im sorry i live in canada i work outside dailey and i cant stay home at -23. there is a larger kit at a plumbing wholesale that wont sell so they raffled it off at the christmas customer lunch, the guy who won asked if he could trade it for a hand tool or anything else, a six peice kit was traded for a milwalkee plier set and the guy was very happy the jit is onsale for 125.00 no takers yet

Comment

that said the corded sawzall was the best i have owned, i love the light up marked cord ends that they had

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
                        Better order a couple more batteries and an extra charger just a suggestion. Out of curiosity what that set you back ...pretty nice thou I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                          Better order a couple more batteries and an extra charger just a suggestion. Out of curiosity what that set you back ...pretty nice thou I must say.
                          i ordered this as well , great minds think alike
                          Milwaukee Tool | Chargers | M18™ Six Pack Sequential Charger

1700 for all, list was 3200 or so for both

Comment

guess what has yet too show, when i ordered it there were 3 in stock, they said a week. was in the canadian depot in ontario last monday, paid 200 air ship overnight, still nothing thanks milwaukee for killing my buzz

Comment

Try. Andrew sherrit if you get tired of waiting they have been pretty good at getting milwaukee tools when I order them.

Comment

im in alberta not bc, sad to say, i did a hospital in victoria and was at a.s. dailey and they were great!! i ordered through bartle and gibson here, they have been awesome about this too me and offered to lend me whatever i need to get me though, i give them allot of respect for that!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X