X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: The ultimate 12-pc. Contractor combo kit "coming soon"

Received a Cyber Monday sale email from Ridgid, on the bottom of it there was mention of this kit "The ultimate 12pc. Contractor Combo Kit" coming soon. I wonder if there will be anything new in it, or a bunch of fluff and job max stuff. Anyone hear any rumors or see a press release?
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Re: Speculation: The ultimate 12-pc. Contractor combo kit "coming soon"

RIDGID, 18-Volt Lith Ion Ultimate Contractor Kit, R9670N at The Home Depot - Mobile

No new tools... boo

Comment

Boo! Only one large battery too. An "ultimate contractor kit" would have 3 or more 3.0 batteries and 1 or 2 small batteries.

Comment

That was my first thought. WTH? Only one battery of each size? That's crazy.
        So a third of this kit is the 18v jobmax and all the various heads.
        Would that be your pick if you were assembling your 'ultimate kit'?

I like my jobmax (12v), but I don't know if it would make up a third of my kit.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'm curious to know what group of contractors voted that kit the "Ultimate".
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Probably the bean counters at TTI.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            ---------
            ---------

Comment

I actually laughed a little when I saw the one large battery and one small.

As far as I'm concerned this may be an ultimate bare tool kit or maybe the ultimate weekend warrior kit but without the batteries there is no way it's the ultimate contractors kit.

The other day I was using my circular saw to cut a 8ft x 1.5" wide channel in a piece of wood (about 5 passes than using a chisel to knock out the centers) and drained 2 large and 1 small battery.

Comment

i'll show you the ultimate contractors tool kit.

this was my black friday shopping spree. sorry it's not orange. but 95% red and 5% blue. and best of all was 50% off and no tax weekend for another 8.75% savings.

went back today to another location to pile up more accessories and hole saws.

no need telling joey. i took phoebe with me friday morning for 2 hours from 7-9 am she actually had to get out of the shopping cart to give me more room. she loves going shopping with me. even bought her a baseball cap with led lights and some ear plugs in bright orange.

sorry ridgid, but a can't turn down a deal.

rick.

phoebe all smiles knowing my tools are her tools. and believe me, she knows her tools and names.

black friday score.

all tools and accessories were 50% off plus tax free weekend.

not much makita stuff on the shelves.

ridgid doesn't have a cordless grinder. so i guess i didn't cheat them.

those leds flashlights are great.

who's on my christmas list
                Attached Files
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-25-2012, 12:18 AM.
                phoebe it is

Comment

For another $69 I can get this Milwaukee M18 Cordless Combo Tool Kits - 6, 9, and 15 Tool Combo Kits, Milwaukee five tool kit, frameless motors!. Plus the Milwaukee 1/2 high torque(450ftlbs) Impact wrench, bare tool.

Comment

50% off and no sales tax? Where was this at????!!??

Comment

should be your neck of the woods too.

osh/ orchard hardware.

rick.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-25-2012, 03:12 AM.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Nice score Rick, and your apprentice is a cutie too.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

I noticed Ryobi has an "ultimate kit" now too, and noticed the same dumb thing: Only 2 batteries and neither of them were the higher aH models.

Heck the Ridgid 18V NiCD set I bought forever ago came with 3 full aH size batteries for only 4 tools.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                            I noticed Ryobi has an "ultimate kit" now too, and noticed the same dumb thing: Only 2 batteries and neither of them were the higher aH models.

Heck the Ridgid 18V NiCD set I bought forever ago came with 3 full aH size batteries for only 4 tools.
                            probably before they realized the biggest money maker is the batteries, not the tools.
                            look at the price of batteries compared to the tolls and at the technology that goes into them along
                            with the manufacturing costs. which do you think is cheaper to make? a hammer drill or a battery?

i think the batteries have a much higher profit margin and so they give you just enough in the kit to
                            make is usable but not as many as you'll need if you are using them all day long. so you end up buying
                            one or two or three more batteries at $90 a pop that only cost $9 to make.

and I think that would hold true for any make tool or battery, not just Ridgid or Ryobi.
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

I bought a eight tool Makita set and a radio it only came with two batteries I'm now up a few tools and five 3.0 nh batteries and two of the smaller batteries.. they know you need more then two for eight tools? What choked me was the radio didn't even charge batteries...

Comment

Working...
                              X