X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R4512 Table Saw Dust Collection

I'm assembling my new R4512 Table Saw. The instruction manual says not to install the dust collector "funnel" unless you will be using a dust collection system. Apparently there is some danger in doing that. Does anyone know why? I like the idea of all the dust falling into a pile below the saw for easy clean-up. However, I don't have a dust collection system, e.g., large shop-vac, and don't want to do anything that could be harmful.

gtmac

Re: Ridgid R4512 Table Saw Dust Collection

it shouldn't present a problem, as long as the funnel doesn't clog. they probably don't want the cabinet to fill with saw dust and come in contact with the motor to avoid a potential fire hazard. just connect the saw to a decent shop vac and you should be fine.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks, much for the reply. It makes sense. I was thinking in that direction but didn't quite get to the potential fire hazard part.

Comment

If the funnel is in place and not connected to a dust collection system sawdust sets there and can build up. This normally happens because small strips that get cut off off or larger chips can collect in or across the funnel and stop the sawdust from evacuating.

Comment

Working...
        X