X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Pressure washer RD80746 - handle adjuster stripped

My handle adjuster that moves around the spray wand stripped out and now can't be tighten to stay in place. Does anyone know a quick fix. I see no easy way of seperating the handle from the wand without destroying it. However, I like to have that function back if others have come up with a solution to the same issue.

Thanks,

-Jerry

Re: Rigid Pressure washer RD80746 - handle adjuster stripped

I had a similar problem with mine. I simply cut it off and lived without it. HD now has nearly the same lance branded as Cat. A slightly more durable design but pricey at $50.

Comment

Could you get a thread repair kit? Most auto parts stores have them for repairing this type of failure.

Comment

With me, what happened was that the threaded bolt stripped out inside the plastic handle, letting it spin freely while rendering it impossible to un-tighten the handle. In addition, the soft aluminum which the bolt tightens against had a groove worn into it allowing the handle to move when in use. I just cut it off to get rid of the useless handle flopping all over the place.

Comment

That's the same deal for me as well and unfortunatley what I thought would be the end solution. Thanks for the feedback either way!

-Jerry

Comment

Working...
          X