Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst Tools?

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
    not knowing who makes jet or powermatic tools... and since you have such a powerful view of this 'fine and upstanding' corporation who is the parent company?
    OMG, you have no idea what you have just done!
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      not knowing who makes jet or powermatic tools... and since you have such a powerful view of this 'fine and upstanding' corporation who is the parent company?
      WMH tool group.

Walter Meier - Walter Meier in North America

next question.

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      OMG, you have no idea what you have just done!
      relax, dave. i'm still no fan of jet and powermatic. but now that some pretentious know nothing wanna be wood worker tool snob has relieved me of my jwbs-18, i'm becoming marginally less vocal about the brands of the wmh tool group. there, that wasn't so bad, was it?
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

STUPID TOY.
        Last edited by Plumbingbyjay; 12-05-2012, 11:26 PM.
        "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
          STUPID TOY.
          it's big brother the k-40 makes the list too

not sure if the newer models fixed the problem that the original model had, but i used it a few times and benched it. only thing was it came with a set of the 75th.year anniversary wrench set.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            relax, dave. i'm still no fan of jet and powermatic. but now that some pretentious know nothing wanna be wood worker tool snob has relieved me of my jwbs-18, i'm becoming marginally less vocal about the brands of the wmh tool group. there, that wasn't so bad, was it?
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Anything with a cord from Harbor Freight that is orange or blue. Bought a cheap 4.5" angle grinder, it literally stripped the gears and had the head fall off within an hour. Repeat 3x times, returned.

Dewalt double ended bits

Ridgid 18v cordless collated screw gun

Power tools from Kragens.

Irwin sliding adjustable pipe wrench

Every generation of Ridgid 18v lithium ion battery prior to x4

Most of the ryobi tec4 tools

Ridgid 1/4" drive auger bits
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Some of the Taylor Tools bought from that orange BIG Box store but certainly much different than when bought at professional contractor's supplies stores.

Comment

I got a set of wrenches from a box store, they also sell food in that store,
                  The sets were made by Popular Mechanics or sold under their brand name, they were ratchet type but the head of the wrench was to side back and forth instead of turn a gear, waste of 5 bucks for the set lol

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Name:  15360e6de18e91aee347847fc770522b.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  90.3 KB

Craftsman Robo-Grip Pliers

Bob Villa was hawking these things. Worked great at rounding off bolts
                    Man I thought I was the only one, I hate that tool as well, 20 bucks of junk...

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      Name:  15360e6de18e91aee347847fc770522b.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  90.3 KB

Craftsman Robo-Grip Pliers

Bob Villa was hawking these things. Worked great at rounding off bolts
                      don't toss them, save them and regift to your favorite 'friend', then watch him suffer.
                      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Yankee Screwdriver worst tool ever.
                        Fire Pump Services | Portable Fire Extinguisher Sales

Comment

Originally posted by KiarraNowlin View Post
                          Yankee Screwdriver worst tool ever.
                          Interesting observation since they are pretty much extinct except for antiques and a
                          few offered by specialty tool manufacturers.

Back in the day (which was before my time and long before yours) Yankee Screwdrivers (brand name)
                          as they were generally known but more correctly classified as spiral ratcheting screwdrivers, were considered
                          downright handy. Being that there was no such thing as an electric powered hand tool like a drill or driver let
                          alone a battery operated tool like we have had for the past 30 years. They were in their time a very
                          innovative tool and most carpenters carried one or wish they did.

When used with a straight slotted bit, they were a pain to keep engaged with the screw, and could do some
                          serious damage to your project if you did not pay attention. But with a Phillips bit which is much less likely to
                          slip or cam out of the screwhead, they were pretty good. Currently a couple companies offer an updated version
                          with 1/4" hex drive which adds some versatility by greatly increasing the number and type of bits they can be
                          used with. If you're some place where you won't or can't have electric power of any type, it sure beats nothing.

Last edited by Bob D.; 12-15-2012, 06:45 AM.
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Who in the world has that many yankee screwdrivers? I am a man of TOO many tools, but c'mon, I only have like 3...
                            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

back in the early 80's worked with a finish plumber who still used them for towel bars and paper holders, finish hardware.

funniest was when he slipped driving a screw for a robe hook and drove his yankee right thru the hollow core door

meanwhile i was plugging along with my black and decker cordless back then.

today it's all 1/4'' impact drivers

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

I've got a Mastercraft reciprocating saw that I absolutely hate every time I have to use it. It vibrates all over the place and I swear the blades flap around more than they actually saw back and forth. I generally spend what it takes to get decent tools but that one was on sale years ago and I snapped it up on the cheap. Worst decision I ever made, since I'm so reluctant to replace stuff until it's really broken. Was gonna buy the Ridgid Fuego one but I read bad reviews about it. I'll probably just save up and buy a Milwaukee like I should have in the first place.

I've also got two Mastercraft socket sets that are great tools, but the same can't be said for the cases they came in. Both the latches broke off one case, and one broke off the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X