Ridgid please make a PLUNGE SAW WITH TRACK GUIDE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid please make a PLUNGE SAW WITH TRACK GUIDE

If you could some how make a plunge system that would rival the makita and dewalt I would be very happy. If Ridgid could get the price for the whole system for $400 it would outsell the rest 5 to one. It should be better than the EZ track and on par with the dewalt.

$400
    plunge saw ( big enough to cut a 2x4 at 90 degrees and 1" at a 45 degree bevel )
    2 55" guide rails that could be connected
    the proper clamps

Re: Ridgid please make a PLUNGE SAW WITH TRACK GUIDE

so you want something better than what's already out there but for less money.
    I think you need communicate your desires to www.madeinchina.com

I have the Dewalt track saw and it works great. It was a little less than the Festool and
    has some features I like over the Festool, and I can say the same for the Festool track saw.

Festool has two size saws that use the same track as far as I know which is a good idea.
    I think the smaller saw is about $100 less.

I do wish that DeWalt included the clamps for their track as part of the package, even if
    it meant they bumped the price up by $25.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Re: Ridgid please make a PLUNGE SAW WITH TRACK GUIDE

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      so you want something better than what's already out there but for less money.
      I think you need communicate your desires to www.madeinchina.com
      As far as I know Ridgid is made in China.........

12-Amp 6-1/2 in. Plunge Circular Saw with 55 in. Guide Rail and Case-SP6000K1 at The Home Depot

Makita plunge saw and 55" track comes in at $400.
      About $470 with an extra 55" rail and a couple clamps (ebay)

I just think that if Ridgid could come in less than the Makita I would sell a lot of units.
      Last edited by eddiegoodfellar; 12-11-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X