Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Ridgid Tri-Stack Compressor Suit My Needs?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will the Ridgid Tri-Stack Compressor Suit My Needs?

if the motor is starting and stopping ever few seconds it is not good for it either, note: I suggested a 12 gallon tank not a 50 or 100,
    yes putting to large of a tank on it will cause problems as well, cycling the compressor very fast will cause more problems,

but unless one wants to go with a wheel barrow or the bulky top heavy medium duty compressors,

I do not like the Oiless pump, many times short lived, and the small tanks are the best for for a shop use, for shop used a good oil bath compressor and a 60 gallon tank, IMO, but I do have small twin tank (oil compressor) for portability, but I do not try to use for much more than air nailer's, and blowing off things,

the oil bath compressors are normally much more quieter,

In the metal shop, I have a two stage 80 gallon tank 5 horse, on it.

but in the short of things a larger and better compressor would make a better shop compressor if you get in to air tools,

because when you do get in to a situation where your compressor is just to small large tank or not, it will not keep up and the larger tank will make the recharge time in many minuets, (i took a 125 gallon propane type tank and tried it once to make a small compressor into some thing was more usable, if you could do what you needed to before it need recharged it worked, but it would take about 30 min, to recharge
    the smaller 12 gallon tank worked better, but there were some air tools that were worthless do to air usage until i got the large three phase compressor,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Alright... one last question and then I'll go away...

So this thing is an oil-free compressor which, if I understand correctly, means it's noisier and won't last as long as other oiled ones. If I were to get this... and the compressor died in a few years or I decided I needed something bigger or what not, could I continue to use the removable tank part as a surge tank and take that into the house while using some other compressor in the garage to feed it? Does that seem like a good idea?

Comment

yes you can. but you can easily buy a 6-12 gallon portable air tank that you fill tires with. then just install a tee to allow for the feed and supply line off the tank. a truckers air brake tank is even better as it has multiple ports.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Harbor Freight carries some portable tanks "cheap"

Cactus Man

Comment

I'm a pro VW technician and I thinker with my own and friends cars during the summer. At I have a 240v 135psi rated 60gal compressor that has about 13scfm rating. Air sanders and painting are demanding the most air use which a 60gal can handle with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by PA-Woodchuck View Post
              I'm a pro VW technician...
              I was a VW tech back in the air-cooled era.
              REAL Volkswagens don't have radiators.
              "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                I was a VW tech back in the air-cooled era.
                REAL Volkswagens don't have radiators.
                There's still plently "hot air" even without the radiators.... just all comes from the advisors/know-it-all people.
                I started back in 1973 and we still have a few air-cooled era cars come in.

OP, sorry for going off track, but it wasn't my fault(LOL)!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	b41977329d7b9d3da8ee3cd7bbd7268b.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	16667I believe in buying once. Get yourself the most compressor you can get. I went the route of a small 120 V compressor and never was happy. I finally bought a duel voltage Emglo wheelbarrow compressor. I think it is rated at about 9.7 cfm. I then added a 240 circuit to my garage for it. It runs real quit and has done everything I wanted it to do. I then added a secondary tank made out of a condemned scuba tank.
                  Charles

Comment

Working...
                  X