Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Sawzall blade recommendation for cutting 4x4 PT and round fence posts?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawzall blade recommendation for cutting 4x4 PT and round fence posts?

can anyone tell me what the best sawzall blade would be for cutting the above mentioned wood? I ordered some of the Ugly blades for pruning but not sure they are good for the posts above. If they are, good, b/c i just ordered one but if not what do you suggest? thx

Re: Sawzall blade recommendation for cutting 4x4 PT and round fence posts?

those are good, but a chainsaw is easier
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

A demo blade will last quite a while and if you hit earth and dull the blade it will be cheaper than re-sharpening or replacing a chain saw chain.

Comment

Can you just run a circular saw up one side and down the other? I prefer a rip blade for PT, and I REALLY like the Teflon-coated blades. If you're going with a reciprocating saw, I like a 6 tpi blade, but I don't like a variable pitch blade for PT. It's too slow and it can hang up more than a fixed-tooth blade.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          A demo blade will last quite a while and if you hit earth and dull the blade it will be cheaper than re-sharpening or replacing a chain saw chain.
          I have used the pruning blades a few times for this work. I have a bunch (50+) of PT landscape timbers used as edging around flower beds and they need to be replaced every few years. I use my cordless recip saw with a pruning blade, works fine. I have also used my cordless circ saw but battery life is not as good. I get more cuts out of a battery with the recip saw.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X