Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sawzall blade recommendation for cutting 4x4 PT and round fence posts?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawzall blade recommendation for cutting 4x4 PT and round fence posts?

can anyone tell me what the best sawzall blade would be for cutting the above mentioned wood? I ordered some of the Ugly blades for pruning but not sure they are good for the posts above. If they are, good, b/c i just ordered one but if not what do you suggest? thx

Re: Sawzall blade recommendation for cutting 4x4 PT and round fence posts?

those are good, but a chainsaw is easier
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

A demo blade will last quite a while and if you hit earth and dull the blade it will be cheaper than re-sharpening or replacing a chain saw chain.

Comment

Can you just run a circular saw up one side and down the other? I prefer a rip blade for PT, and I REALLY like the Teflon-coated blades. If you're going with a reciprocating saw, I like a 6 tpi blade, but I don't like a variable pitch blade for PT. It's too slow and it can hang up more than a fixed-tooth blade.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          A demo blade will last quite a while and if you hit earth and dull the blade it will be cheaper than re-sharpening or replacing a chain saw chain.
          I have used the pruning blades a few times for this work. I have a bunch (50+) of PT landscape timbers used as edging around flower beds and they need to be replaced every few years. I use my cordless recip saw with a pruning blade, works fine. I have also used my cordless circ saw but battery life is not as good. I get more cuts out of a battery with the recip saw.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
          X