X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective 18v drill

I have a ridgid 18v drill which keeps damaging my batteries. I have gone through at least 8 batteries in the last 2 years (and I barely use it because its not reliable). I received a replacement charger at one point so I am confident there is something wrong with the drill that causes damage to the batteries. It is nice to have lifetime replacement on batteries, however, there is a point where enough is enough, if I used this drill often I would need to schedule a weekly trip to the local repair shop to get a set of new batteries.
    I contacted ridgid about this problem a while back and they basically said keep picking up new batteries.
    Has anyone had this problem?
    I am shopping for other cordless tools ( circular saw, reciprocating saw ect.) and i would like to have all the same brand so I can interchange batteries however I am now hesitant to go with ridgid.

Re: Defective 18v drill

Where are you getting the replacement batteries from? If its an ASC then I'd go there and tell them to fix the drill as it's repair is also covered under the LLSA. I'm actually surprised that you have been given that many replacement batteries and they haven't narrowed down what has been causing the other batteries to keep failing.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: Defective 18v drill

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      ... tell them to fix the drill as it's repair is also covered under the LLSA.
      Yep.
      You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over... and expecting a different outcome.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
      X