Clear All

• 18V JobMax

Anyone have one of these yet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	041f26bfd5f10bad3c0d4b333b25623b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	17054
    I have the 12V model and it has served me very well. Thinking that the 18V unit will be great for my recip and offer a little more oomph for the right angle drill head with a big hole saw or auger bit too.
    "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Re: 18V JobMax

I bought mine because I needed a one handed recip-saw and this fit the bill as it uses the same batteries as my other tools. I also looked at the Ridgid Feugo One Handed Recip-Saw but liked the fact the JobMax has more options.

I've used my recip-saw head a fair bit and found it very useful and easy to use one handed. The 18v is a fair bit longer than the 12v though as the battery fits on the end instead of inside the handle but I found it fairly maneuverable even while using the 3.0ah battery.

I've never use the 12v so I can't really comment on the "oomph" factor but with it being an 18v tool I would assume better performance.

Comment

Well, I picked up the 18V base the other day. Put it to the test on a few things using my recip head. Very happy with the performance. Seems to be better balanced than the 12V model with the larger stature. There are many times that I need my recip and impact driver or right angle drill at the same time so now I won't have to keep stopping to change heads. just wish I had a couple more 18V batteries!
      "Good enough" isn't really "good"...

Comment

I don't find changing the heads that much of an issue lol but I have been kicking around the idea of getting a second base as well. For the extra batteries I suggest getting a kit so you can register the batteries for lsa. Not sure of your budget but they do sell an x4 kit in Canada which currently includes an 18v jobmax base and comes with two large batteries. So for another $380 you could get two li-ion 3.0ah batteries, quick charger, hammer drill, impact driver, reciprocating saw, circular saw, a LED light and a tool bag. The two batteries sold separate would cost you approx $210... it's well worth the value. Or you can keep an eye out for some of the smaller kits that go on clearance but they usually h ave the smaller batteries in them.

Comment

Working...
        X