TP1300 Planer Leaves Ridges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 Planer Leaves Ridges

My TP1300 planer is leaving two parallel, light, raised ridges. I figured it was a nicked blade. I checked and couldn't find any nicks. I changed the blades anyway and still have the problem.

Any suggestions?

Re: TP1300 Planer Leaves Ridges

Are these ridges in the line of travel or perpendicular to the direction of travel through the planer?

The first would most likely be a nick in a blade as you said, the latter might be misalignment of the blades, that is not all the same height so that they leave a series of slight cup marks on the wood.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

They're line of travel, slightly raised and a little fuzzy looking, about 1/2" apart, a few inches left of center. I assumed they were blade nicks until I changed the blades despite not finding any nicks in the old ones, and they didn't go away.

I'm going to crank the head all the way up so I can try to take a look at the rollers and blade assembly. That's all I can think of to do at this point.

Comment

There may be something wrong on the out-feed roller. Maybe there is some buildup or something that is causing those marks after it is cut and passes under the out-feed roller.

Comment

I thought I replied and was told a moderator would approve the message, so I'm trying this to see if it shows up.

Comment

I checked the outfeed roller. It was moderately gunked up so I cleaned it and the infeed roller.

In the process I noticed regularly place flash on the aluminum casting that in front and back of the rollers. I cleaned off some of that.

As a result I'm now getting parallel scrapes about half an inch apart all the way down the length of my boards.

Comment

Working...
            X