X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 Planer Leaves Ridges

My TP1300 planer is leaving two parallel, light, raised ridges. I figured it was a nicked blade. I checked and couldn't find any nicks. I changed the blades anyway and still have the problem.

Any suggestions?

Re: TP1300 Planer Leaves Ridges

Are these ridges in the line of travel or perpendicular to the direction of travel through the planer?

The first would most likely be a nick in a blade as you said, the latter might be misalignment of the blades, that is not all the same height so that they leave a series of slight cup marks on the wood.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

They're line of travel, slightly raised and a little fuzzy looking, about 1/2" apart, a few inches left of center. I assumed they were blade nicks until I changed the blades despite not finding any nicks in the old ones, and they didn't go away.

I'm going to crank the head all the way up so I can try to take a look at the rollers and blade assembly. That's all I can think of to do at this point.

Comment

There may be something wrong on the out-feed roller. Maybe there is some buildup or something that is causing those marks after it is cut and passes under the out-feed roller.

Comment

I thought I replied and was told a moderator would approve the message, so I'm trying this to see if it shows up.

Comment

I checked the outfeed roller. It was moderately gunked up so I cleaned it and the infeed roller.

In the process I noticed regularly place flash on the aluminum casting that in front and back of the rollers. I cleaned off some of that.

As a result I'm now getting parallel scrapes about half an inch apart all the way down the length of my boards.

Comment

Working...
            X