K45AF Drain Cleaner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K45AF Drain Cleaner

Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum and this is my first posting so be gentle. I have a European model 230V K45AF where the previous owner cut the power plug and wired in a 115V after market plug. The drill is obviously under-powered due to 115V California power going into a motor looking for 230V of power. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this 230V motor a 115V motor. I called Tech Support and they suggested buying a new 115V power unit. I'll go that route as a last resort if I don't get any other ideas from you guys. I was thinking there might be a way to open the power unit and "re-wire" it somehow to make it a 115V power unit. The cleaner is in near very new cosmetic condition. It would be a shame to let this go because of it having a motor set up for the European market. I thought this would be a good tool to have around the house being a new homeowner and all. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: K45AF Drain Cleaner

I've got an almost new K-45 that I've only used a few times. It's yours for $150.

Comment

Can you post any pictures? What part of San Diego do you live in? I'm in the Southeast part of the County. Thanks.

Comment

Well, it looks like any other K45. Great shape, only used it a few times. I'll even throw in a couple of cables for ya. (I've got tons) I'm in El Cajon.

Comment

jump on that offer and sell your 230 unit on ebay. there's plenty of overseas members that would be thrilled to take it off your hands.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

TomSV650...I'd like to arrange a meeting to see the unit and possibly purchase it. As you probably noticed, the weatherman is calling for rain the whole weekend. I don't know how you feel about meeting in the rain. Name a time and place and I'll check my schedule to see if I can meet you. Thanks.

btw...I'm still learning how to use the forum. I would have used "reply with quote" like I did with Plumber Rick's reply.
            Last edited by DIYGuy22; 01-26-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              jump on that offer and sell your 230 unit on ebay. there's plenty of overseas members that would be thrilled to take it off your hands.

rick.
              Thanks for words of advice Plumber Rick. I think I might explore that idea. I guess I could put the disclaimer that it'll need a new power chord. Thanks again.

Comment

Message sent.

Comment

Working...
                X