Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

For those who think having more than two batteries is too many....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who think having more than two batteries is too many....

I lost 9 batteries when I had improperly stored some batteries in the back of my truck, unknowingly placing the bucket where the door would allow water in as it was not shut all the way. A week of rain filled up the bucket with 2" of water, effectively killing every single battery after they had a chance to marinate for 2 weeks. Lucky for me, I did not have all of my batteries in this bucket, I managed to get away with 4 3.0AH survivors. I was sick to my stomach for about 2 days over this.

Shame on me.

We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Re: For those who think having more than two batteries is too many....

Yikes !! Not good. I'm no Ridgid battery expert, are they NiCads or Lithium? Warranty claim is probably not an option but, how about a battery rebuild on a couple? It's cheaper than new ones. Just a thought.

Comment

That sucks big time! I would like to compliment you for manning up and taking responsibility. Most people on these types of boards would be whining how it's the fault of the manufacturer.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
        I lost 9 batteries when I had improperly stored some batteries in the back of my truck, unknowingly placing the bucket where the door would allow water in as it was not shut all the way. A week of rain filled up the bucket with 2" of water, effectively killing every single battery after they had a chance to marinate for 2 weeks. Lucky for me, I did not have all of my batteries in this bucket, I managed to get away with 4 3.0AH survivors. I was sick to my stomach for about 2 days over this.

Shame on me.

Do a google search on repairing ni cad N other Batts Your self. take apart test which 2 volt is bad and replace from cash of other failed or Buy on line. May not work in case of water immersion. Starting asking friends for their failed old Batterys for Your supply/
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

My condolences on your loss

Thank god you had a few spares though.

As for repairing, sure it cost a little less but it's probably not worth the time. After you factor in the time researching what to buy, ordering then performing the repair etc it's probably more cost effective to sell your dead batteries to someone else and just get new ones.

Comment

Working...
          X