X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad experience with "Lifetime Guarantee"

I have many ridgid tools and one of the reason I purchased the tool was the lifetime guarantee. I have a planer that the feed roller motor failed. I brought it to a service center .Every time I called I was given a different answer. It has been a nightmare. I feel that I was outright lied to by ridgid on a number of occasions. I am a small shop and deal almost exclusively in reclaimed lumber, so I am virtually shut down without my planer. They have had it since Oct 11, 2012.

Re: Bad experience with "Lifetime Guarantee"

Well, you have really only given some of the information. Did you follow all the instructions? Have you mailed in all the proper documentation?
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I have done everything they instructed me to on multiple times. I would call twice in the same day and get two different stories. The people at the service center has also been communicating with them and having the same problem. Three and a half months to replace a single motor is rediculous. They told me on at least 4 different occasions that the cut-off is three months for a replacement. One guy told me that they had plenty in stock so I gave him the servfice center number and he put me on hold to call them, then came back and told me that it would be six weeks before a motor would be available. No explanation for change. I have been living this for going on four months.

Comment

Originally posted by rverrett View Post
        I have done everything they instructed me to on multiple times. I would call twice in the same day and get two different stories. The people at the service center has also been communicating with them and having the same problem. Three and a half months to replace a single motor is rediculous. They told me on at least 4 different occasions that the cut-off is three months for a replacement. One guy told me that they had plenty in stock so I gave him the servfice center number and he put me on hold to call them, then came back and told me that it would be six weeks before a motor would be available. No explanation for change. I have been living this for going on four months.
        What do you mean by the "cut-off is three months for a replacement"? Were they referring to the three month time limit for registration or that it shouldn't take more than 3 months to remedy the repair?

I understand for you it may be the principle of the situation, you paid for a product and it's not being fixed in a timely manor. Honestly if that is the case than that sucks. Personally though, if it were me, I'd have bought another planer by now. You mentioned you run a small business and you've virtually shut down your business while waiting. I don't know your situation but while it obviously cost money to get another planer, how much money have you not earned by not being able to work? Have you lost more than the $400 or so it would have cost to replace the planer? If so to me it would be a simple decision. You could buy a used one to get you by, buy a different name brand and sell the new one or the Ridgid unit once you get it back. It's a pain I know but as a fellow business owner I can't fathom letting my business sit idle while waiting on someone else.

Comment

If as you say everything is up to date with your LLSA coverage then there is a possibility that the problem you're having lies between TTI/OWT and your local ASC. Could be that your ASC hasn't paid their bill and TTI/OWT is withholding any shipment to them until they pay the bill. Just a theory but a possibility.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Over the years I've heard more horror stories about Ridgid than I could possibly remember & they are the reason the only Ridgid tool I own is the old style MSUV.

Comment

first of all I am sorry that the service has not been what it should be,

one in thing in business, if your operation depends on one unit or machine, one needs to plan for some type of back up, either duplicate, a source to rent or borrow until the unit can be replaced or fixed,

If my old Bel-saw planer craped out, and (since I know unless I find used or make the parts there will not be much for parts) out there, I would be on the phone or the net getting another unit of some type ordered to keep production going and if I felt there was a time coming that a major rebuild was coming I may just order a replacement in advance, would love to have a 24" or wide planer some day,

when ever I sent in a tool to be fixed, the turn around has always been in weeks to months, not days, and that was for any brand of tool. where I live one nearly needs to send it in unless you want to spend more in fuel than the tool is worth,

hope you get back in operation soon.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I hear all of you and I have bought a replacement, but the point I am trying to make is the lack of caring by the people I am talking to. They make it sound like its not their problem. One guy told me that my lack of production is not their problem. I'm 66 years old and this is the worse I have been treated by a manufacturer. You would think that with economy the way it is, customer satisfaction would be a priority. There will never be another Ridgid tool in my shop. Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Working...
                X