X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Buy RIDGID

Hey guys,new to the forum.Looking to buy a pretty substantial amount of tools for my shop .I've had a bunch of different tools over the years and it wasn't till last year when i bought a new table saw (RIDGID R412) when i decided to get rid of all my other crap (RYOBI) and replace with quality tools. Anyways i feel like you cant beat the warranty that comes with the RIDGID name.Here is a list of the tools i am purchasing:

RIDGID 15 in. Stationary Drill Press
    Model # DP1550

RIDGID 15 Amp Band Saw with Stand
    Model # BS1400

RIDGID
    6-Amp 6-1/8 in. Corded Jointer/Planer
    Model # JP0610

RIDGID 13 in. Thickness Planer
    Model # R4331

RIDGID Oscillating Edge/Belt Spindle Sander
    Model # EB4424

RIDGID Tri-Stack 5-Gal. Portable Electric Steel Orange Air Compressor
    Model # OF50150TS

RIDGID Fuego 3-Amp Compact Jig Saw
    Model # R3101

RIDGID 1-1/2 in. x 18-Gauge Narrow Crown Finish Stapler
    Model # R150FSA

Also i know they make dust collection units but cant seem to find any model numbers?

I am lucky to be able to have the shop that i want however want to get the best deal on all of these items. I can't seem to find a one stop shop on these tools,all items are sold at various locations and/or online only. Anyone know where i can find these cheaper? Or if RIDGID offers a discount on tools if you buy a bunch? I already get a military discount at home depot,but they dont carry ll of them.Any better deals,i want to buy new strictly for the warranty factor.

Thanks in advance

-Mike

Re: Looking to Buy RIDGID

Ridgid discontinued their dust collector over 10 years ago so used is your only outlet there. Most of the tools you listed will serve you well except I would suggest you take a long hard look at reviews on that bandsaw. Also, the jointer is getting harder and harder to find these days. If you have access to one you shouldn't wait around too long before pulling the trigger on it.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks Dave,Going to school right now for some carpentry classes and saw a couple of the dust collection systems still in the box trying to get the school to sell them too me. good call on the reviews for the band saw. may have to look for something else. didn't think to read the reviews because i was so satisfied with my other Ridgid tools. will do a little more homework,cant find too many reviews on the jointer. Any issues,groans gripes complaints about any of their other products before i make any mistakes? And as far as the band saw..any recommendation's ?

Comment

For a band saw iwould have said check out Delta but they recently changed their saw to a cheaper made model from china so don't wven bother. Look at grizzley or Rikon 14" deluxe model with 12" resaw capacity. Theyalso have a couple newer models that if they were available 2 years ago when i got mine i would have chosen one of them. Under $700 rikon or grizzley is about it as far as i am concerned.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

How close are you to Fridley? Rockwell Delta14" Bandsaw
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks guys,

(Dave) I am going to check out that store in Fridley.The have a wide assortment of tools and brands. Have also been doing some CL shopping. How are the brands Jet, Powematic, Rockwell,Northfield. which of these would be a safe buy...It's not too far but i probably will only go once want to be informed as possible.

Thanks again

-Mike

Comment

IMO it's far better to buy the tool than the brand. Look at the design and construction of each one, and evaluate it on it's own merit, ignoring the name plate. Buying the same brand of everything is a sure way to not to get the best tool for your money.

Comment

Working...
              X