Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you say these are good tools?

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
    all 18 volt bats work in all 18 volt tools
    Thanks. That opens up possibilities. I might be interested in picking up one of the 18v one-handed recip saws or one of the 18v trim nailers (tho they have pretty bad reviews).
    Have to get the set first.

Do you know if when using the lsa for battery replacement, do I have to send in the whole kit that the batts came with? It seems to me that this has been the case in previous times when I've used the lsa. It would be nice if I could just send in the bad batts and buy a second set to use with the tool while the first set was being replaced (3 week process).

Comment

Originally posted by LocalHero View Post
      Thanks. That opens up possibilities. I might be interested in picking up one of the 18v one-handed recip saws or one of the 18v trim nailers (tho they have pretty bad reviews).
      Have to get the set first.

Do you know if when using the lsa for battery replacement, do I have to send in the whole kit that the batts came with? It seems to me that this has been the case in previous times when I've used the lsa. It would be nice if I could just send in the bad batts and buy a second set to use with the tool while the first set was being replaced (3 week process).
      it all depends on the service center. I have not had any issues like that with mine, they pick up and drop off my new bats in one day, but im not saying that is typical. They operate independently so find yours close by and communicate with them .

Comment

I think there was one service center about 40 min from me but the tool clerk at HD said they are no longer a service center so I guess I have no choice but to send it off.

HD did honor a Harbor Freight 20% off coupon so that was nice. Now I'm looking to see what other 18v tools might be available. HD does not have all of them listed and there are some discontinued ones (ie flashlights) that I might be interested in too (via ebay). Is there any place where I can see the whole line of ridgid 18v tools including even discontinued?

Also, I gather it's a bad idea to use an older nicad charger on the lithium batts?

Comment

Originally posted by LocalHero View Post

Also, I gather it's a bad idea to use an older nicad charger on the lithium batts?
          Horrible idea.

Comment

Use the drill every week. Drives 3" screws into hardwood skids without hesitation. Don't use the nut driver as I have an adaptor for the drill. And amen to the 2.5 amp battery! As I saw in a power tool store, it's best to pack 3 batteries all the time - one in use, one cooling off after use but before being recharged, and one being recharged. So, I always have a charged spare - in addition to the one in the drill and the one in the charger. Also have the 5-in-1 combo. Picked that up at a HD rental clearance.

Comment

I just picked up the drill set with the radio from HD for 199$. At first they didn't want to sell it to me. I saw that they had them in stock online but they were supposed to replace the set that comes with the bigger charger. So i kindly asked to speak to someone in charge and after threatening to go to Menards or the other place. They walked right out with my new drill set. The radio is small, but louder than I thought it would be. I dislike how it does not have a memory to store stations, but other than that it is a sweet kit.

Comment

Working...
              X