X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2611

I restore some old cars and am looking for a good electric 6 inch Random Orbital Sander. I notice that Ridgid makes the R2611. Will this sander hold up to the abuse of auto body work?

Re: R2611

first of all I do not have the sander, mine are old (10 to 15 years),

but how is auto body work more abusive to a sander than wood working? or what is abusive in sanding a cars body? I have done some auto body work in the past and used a air orbital sander, then before I bought the electric, (maybe before they were even offered), but to my recollection I can not see why one would use the term "abuse".
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

In the absence of a compressor with a d/a sander I'd consider that model.

Comment

Auto body work involves long periods of sanding where as woodworking usually has smaller areas. I have a wood shop myself. Also body filler dust is some what abrasive and can get into the motor. I have heard some bad reviews on this sander. The biggest compliant seems to be with the brake and bearing.

Comment

Working...
        X