My confession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My confession

I absolutely love Ridgid tools and have owned many. The warranty is a major factor in me choosing them, but the truth is that I have registered very few. I have good intentions but I always get busy and forget.

As far as tools go it hasn't caused me any problems. Every tool I have owned has performed to my satisfaction. The place it has bit me in the butt is batteries. My nicads gave me great life but are done. The worst is my lions. I have 4 of those that need replaced and I didn't get close to a reasonable life from them.

I don't blame Ridgid for my laziness, but it stings to have a pile of dead batteries that could be replaced if I was on the ball.

I picked up the X4 six piece set on eBay so it won't have a warranty either. I guess it's time to buy/register a kit and sell off the tools so I can have the batteries registered.

I think i will attempt to build an adapter to use my batteries on another brand tool so I can use some Ridgid doesn't offer. I'm trying to decide which other brand would make for the most streamlined transition. That ryobi/dewalt adapter I saw on YouTube was hideously bulky.

Re: My confession

Guess I'm the only one.

Comment

No, but any kind of discussion about Ridgid tools from HoDepo and the LLSA usually turns into a hate-fest. Here is a Google link with DIY adaptations of numerous battery types:

- Google Search
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I own the poor choice not to register and I've been a member here long enough to know the hot buttons.

I love the tools but dropped the ball myself. Maybe I'm alone in that.

Comment

I doubt it. Lots of people here, including myself, have made some blunders. Some, though, like to place blame where it doesn't belong. Such as, on the warranty company or on the tool company, for problems that they created themselves. (RTFM re: warranty paperwork needed) Others just won't admit they made a mistake. It's human nature.
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
          X