X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee's 12v Fuel Line of Power Tools

Recently I've found my self in need of some smaller 12v power tools. Love the 18v X4 tools but for 12v powertools, Ridgid doesn't offer much in terms of an assortment of 12v tools so I went with Milwaukee. I own the 18v JobMax but even with already owning all the heads, the 12v Jobmax seems underpowered when used with most of the attachments.

Anyway, I was at Home Depot today and the Milwaukee rep was loading the shelves with this new line of M12 Fuel tools. Was wondering if any of you guys have had a chance to use them yet?

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...858050_300.jpg

For a 12v it sure has a lot going for it. Brushless motors, up to twice the amount of power and 4 times the runtime. Also it has a 1/2 chuck in the hammerdrill and regular drill. I got to try one out and I was amazed at the grip, they really put a lot into this new tool. Man I wish Ridgid had a line like this, instead all they have is a 12v drill and flashlight if you don't count the 12v jobmax wand.

Re: Milwaukee's 12v Fuel Line of Power Tools

Better! (Now with Hassle-Free LLSA!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	e09791d9aeb4ec9548ba7df59a1406e6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	17257
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I got tons of the 12 volt red lithium tools happy with almost all of them. I love the grease gun and no hub wrench.

Comment

I own a few of the 12v Red Lithium tools as well. My favorite has to be my Inspection Camera. Recently though they just had a huge sale on Milwaukee tools at Home Depot. I was picking up M12 Hammer Drill/Impact Driver kits with a bonus Right Angled Drill for $129. The Right Angled M12 was selling for $200 on the shelf beside it and I was getting the kits with that tool as a bonus in it for $129.

Today when I saw this new Fuel line with the brushless motors and a decent price point vs the regular 12v RL I asked the rep if the recent sales had anything to do with clearing out the M12 line and if they would be pushing more of the newer style Fuel line given they are similar in price. He said they would still be selling the M12 along with the new brushless tools.

The 12v Brushless Hammer Drill looked pretty good. A bit bigger than my 12vRL because the chuck was bigger (1/2) and longer but the grip was much more comfortable. With the XC battery on it, it did look pretty big though. The impact driver was almost the same size as the M12 RL though, just with the new technology inside.

Does anyone know if you do get 2x the power from a brushless motor using the same battery platform?

Comment

If you are going to get the M12 flashlight skip the incandescent and get the LED.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark7 View Post
            If you are going to get the M12 flashlight skip the incandescent and get the LED.
            Got both and the led is worth the extra $$.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Yah I bought the hammer drill, the 1/4" impact gun and the multi master saw for 199.99 really happy with it. The wirsbo tool rocks to I have had to of the inspection camera there first model and there newest model to.

Comment

I find my inspection camera creaks a bit where the camera cable connects to the housing.
                The model I have is the M-Spector AV M12 Cordless Lithium-Ion Multimedia Camera Kit.

Have you ever tried the 9.5mm camera cable or the 17mm extension cable?

Comment

My first gen camera was very hard to use big 3/8" estimated three foot camera that was removable I had the eight foot extension to. Know I have the 6or 7 foot attached camera with the rotating screen not super expensive but serves it purpose I like the mirror attachment.

Comment

Working...
                  X