X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact driver wobble

I bought the drill/driver combo R9600 about 5 months ago. Been using mostly the driver and hardly the drill.

Recently I noticed the driver is making more noise when driving (more than before). If I put in a long bit (say a 4" bit) and turned it on, I can clearly see a "wobble" about 1/4" at the tip.

Same bit, inserted into the drill, and turned it on, no wobble at the tip.

I know this wobble wasn't there before. I never dropped the driver.

Must be a worn bearing or something?

Is this cause to get the driver serviced, or they would argue that this wobble is "acceptable"?

Re: Impact driver wobble

IMO, any drill that cant drill a circular hole with a given sized, intact bit has a problem.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Don't know how much wobble you are talking about, but an impact driver will never be as tight as a properly tightened chuck.

That said...excessive noise and movement would be something to have checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
        Don't know how much wobble you are talking about, but an impact driver will never be as tight as a properly tightened chuck.
        A 4" bit shows a wobble of about 1/4" at the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post

That said...excessive noise and movement would be something to have checked out.
          Agreed, the holder on the impact is a bit sloppy on mine as well but drives perfectly fine. I also find different brands will have thicker finishes, some are anodized while others are powder coated. The painted versions can look way off if they loose paint on one side.

If in doubt though, go get it check out.

Comment

Working...
          X