Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Milwaukee M18 drill driver combo set or the Rigid 4X Fuego combo set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Milwaukee M18 drill driver combo set or the Rigid 4X Fuego combo set?

I work for a mechanical contractor. We mainly do HVAC but we do any thing from workin on cars, electrical work, plumbing work, fabrication, carpentry pretty much anything that includes tools. I'm looking to by a new drill and since for 30 bucks more you can get the combo set I'll replace my impact as well. I need a drill that can handle drilling steel, running spades through 2x4s and handle hole saws. I can't decide which combo kit to get. Any opinions?

Re: The Milwaukee M18 drill driver combo set or the Rigid 4X Fuego combo set?

Welcome to the Forum! The Ridgid combo is fine, but if you want to stick with one battery platform for all your cordless tool needs Milwaukee M18 is the way to go. Unfortunately Ridgid does not off a heavy duty impact wrench, or some other tools which you may find useful for automotive or heavy fabrication work. If you can afford both, I think you will find the Ridgid tools and LSA useful to your work. Good luck, and let us know what you decide. Frank

Comment

I met with milwaukee rep the other day. I have the old V28 system, and he was telling me that they got or are getting rid of it, because the 18 volt is stronger and better. I held the 18 volt, and it seems well balanced. The ridgid is Ok, but I question the batteries. I just don't think they have it down like Milwaukee. A few years ago, I bought a Ridgid and Milwaukee at the same time. I still have the Milwaukee, but the ridgid broke. Sorry to say that.
      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Thanks for your inputs. I ended up going with the Milwaukee m18 series. I did a lot of research and found that the milwaukees hold up better plus milwaukee is the brand I usually go with. I liked the ridgid series because it had more torque and the aesthetics of the drill were really nice. But in the end the fact that there was a sale to get a hammer drill that came with an impact driver for the same price as ridgids normal drill and impact combo is what did it for me. I tested both drills out today and compared it against a co workers dewalts and the Milwaukee proved to be a really good drill. I am very happy with my purchase. I still think ridgid is a great company and I own plenty of their tools I just feel that Milwaukee is in the lead when it comes to battery operated power tools.

Comment

Working...
        X