X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw sticks when setting blade to 45%

When I move my Table saw blade close to 45% it sticks and gets very hard to turn. Any help is appreciated

Re: Table saw sticks when setting blade to 45%

many times there is saw dust and sap build up and can get on stops and the lead screw that tilts the saw, and some times there could be a small block of wood stuck up in there, from falling through the throat plate, I would suggest a good cleaning and possibly some non sticking lubricant on the moving parts, some times the residue that build up will need to be scraped off or soaked off with paint thiner,

some times presparying the moving parts with WD40 before trying to adjust helps, it soaks in to the residues and if there hit or moved they mosly will break off, or fall off, and it helps lubricate the moving parts,
    Last edited by BHD; 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Table saw sticks when setting blade to 45%

Thanks, I did the cleaning and there was still a problem. Then I noticed that the shaft for the blade cover was still in place at the back of the saw and was blocking the motor and blade from tilting all the way to 45%. I removed the shaft and that solved the problem. What the heck it was time to give the saw a good cleaning anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X